• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jeannemarie Devolites Davis Bloomberg crushed by maverick Democrat Chap Petersen

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Read this while listening to"Na Na Hey Hey Kiss [Her] Goodbye" from the fauxmusic group Steam at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwnqqj5Q1BU

or Bananarama version at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF2XN4GMsY8

Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, good bye!

------

From Chap's blog at BLOG.OXROADSOUTH.COM/2007/11/07/victory-yesterday.aspx:

Victory Yesterday

It's 1:00 pm on Wednesday, November 7th. I am in the office trying to catch up on files that have been neglected for the past few weeks.

We won last night by a margin of 55.1% - 44.6%, out of 46,000 votes cast. The strength of our showing combined the expected (large margins in Fairfax City and Braddock) with the unexpected (a sweep of all four precincts in the Town of Vienna). We were competitive in the whole district, only losing five precincts out of forty-five.

I give the credit to my hard-working staff and volunteers. They never stopped making phone calls, hitting doors or putting up signs. They did it all.

I had a chance to speak to theDemocratic audienceat the McLean Hilton last night.The tape ishereandhere.

It was a great moment for me and my family. The Richmond Times Dispatchput my shoesonits front page today.The Washington Post even mentioned my name in its article.

At some point in the next few days, I will post my analysis of this race. In the meantime, here are the precincts that I door-knocked beginning on February 10th and continuing thru November 5th:

Camelot (won), Ridgelea (won), Woodson (won), Old Creek (won), Olley (won), Long Branch (won), Oak Hill (won), Laurel (won), Robinson (won), Villa (won), Vienna #1 (won), Vienna #2 (won), Vienna #6 (won), Wolf Trap (won), Westbriar (LOST!), Freedom Hill (won), City #3 (won), Vienna #4 (won), Thoreau (won), Lake Braddock (won), Penderbrook (won), City #4 (won), City #6 (won), and City #1 (won).

And that is how the 34th was won.

Permalink: BLOG.OXROADSOUTH.COM/2007/11/07/victory-yesterday.aspx

zoom6zoom

imported post

I saw DD on the news saying how it wasn't the Republicans day and that's why she lost. No, you silly, stupid woman - they were voting against YOU. Now wave bye bye, like the man said.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
I saw DD on the news saying how it wasn't the Republicans day and that's why she lost. No, you silly, stupid woman - they were voting against YOU. Now wave bye bye, like the man said.
Not the Republicans' Day???????????????? Like she's a Republican? She admitted, herself, that she isn't a Republican.

Course in my book she barely qualifies as human. Further labels are like additional headstones - just words.

casullshooter

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
I am sure the spin machine is working hard tonight. I am surprised she did not blame the evil "Gun Lobby" , although this would really discredit her views by admitting we can influence outcomes. Goodbye? Hell no, Good riddance!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There is no point sending anything to this silly twit. She is either hopelessly clueless or allergic to the truth. She's yesterday's rubbish anyway. Her career is over and everyone knows it. Does anyone have a link to the Virginia Republican party? It might be useful for the geniuses there to hear OUR analysis of what happened as a precaution against their fielding anymore certified losers in the future. I'm damn angry at the Repubs for letting this self-admitted "RINO" anti-gun bigot run under their banner.

(The Dems, of course , know exactly what they're doing. They fully understand the need to run pro-gun candidates down here if they want any hope of winning.)

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/07/AR2007110702525.html

The above article from WaPo delves into PW / Loudon differences and points out that Loudon Republicans in this election lost on the issues (board of supr.). That's a key point that the Super Moderator has touched on previously.

Pro-gun is a winning position in Virginia. VCDL endorsements matter. No matter how good you are on "other" issues, unless it is truly a landmark issue, the Gun vote matters and matters more. This is an important point that the 2 parties need to understand and be reminded of constantly.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Any word on Petty Penny Gross' (win/loss) satatus?
She won by about (I'm going from memory here, so don't quote the numbers) 65-35.

casullshooter

imported post

Tess wrote:
casullshooter wrote:
Any word on Petty Penny Gross' (win/loss) satatus?
She won by about (I'm going from memory here, so don't quote the numbers) 65-35.

The people in that area need to be deprogrammed-WHEW! Thanks for the info. as disheartining as it is.

The only consolation will be irritating her with our EVIL GUNS in "HER" building.

mlands

imported post

I heard on the radio that former US Senator/Virginia Governor George Allen (very gun friendly) is seriously consideringrunning for governor again. That will be a big boost for 2 A rightsand one less anti-gun politician in a powerful position.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

just a guy, with a Glock wrote:
Is she an anti-gunner ? Details please
If by "she" you mean Penny Gross, yes. She is the one who got upset that VCDL was to meet in the Mason Government Center ("her" building) for the Bloomberg Gun Giveaway, regardless of the fact they've been meeting there 10 times a year for years. She caused quite a bit of hassle, even to the point of spite. Go to www.vcdl.org and read the May and early June VA-Alerts for the details.

Bulldog1967

imported post

True that.

I have over 20 emails and several phone calls betweeen her and I arguing about just that subject. She knows me VERY well.

The wife and I already contacted Vellie Detreich Halls campaign and volunteered to help her out if she runs again Penny Gross-out again.