• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new here with a few ?s

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Unfortunately I tend to agree with this statement with my own twist.. "dont ask a PERSON and just PRESUME his/her answer is correct" (credintials {sp}, for instance alot of times when somebody answers a law question,they put the number on the law so you can actually pull it up yourself and see its there)

That's a much better answer than I gave! Also, never, never depend too much on answers given on internet boards. Use them as reference points. Even double check your lawyer. I catch mine in a mistake once in a while. Makes him mad too.

OK,OK, you know it all, why do you pay me:shock:

sjhipple

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:
DO NOT ask cops about gun laws most do not know gun laws and will give their opinion, not law.
Please do not single out cops... There are plenty of citizens that do not a damn thing either.
Which is why I wouldn't recommend going up to random people on the street and asking them about the law, any more than I'd go up to a random cop and do so.

mrguppy

imported post

thank you all for your opions on this matter from what i have read even though the law does not go into this that much is a person that rides next to you can see your gun then it is legal for open carry.

AbNo

imported post

FWIW, IANAL, YMMV, ETC CETERA....

On the dash, or on the passenger's seat. Even if it means someone gets to hold it in their lap.

Look the code up yourself, and welcome. :)