Thread: Public range near Parkersburg?

Post imported post

Does anyone know of a public pistol range near Parkersburg?
    I will be in town visiting my family the week of Thanksgiving and would like to take them to the range.
    Also are there any restrictions on firing handguns on private property (outside of town of course)?

Post imported post

Try calling Wayne Novak's .45 shop, it's in Parkersburg. (Yep, this is the guy who designed the ubiquitous Novak style sights for handguns.) Phone numbers from their website are: 304 428 2676 or 304 485 9295. Those guys are all longtime locals, they should know of a nearby public range. Chances are it will be in a National Forest or some such though, can't recall an indoor range being close to that area.

Post imported post

Funny thing is I was going to call them and never got around to it. They said that the range at Mountwood Park is open once again. I'm trying to track someone down that knows what facilities are available there. If anyone knows, please post them and I'll do the same if/when I hear back from DNR.

Post imported post

check the DNR website, I think it's WVDNR.gov. They have a list, and most of the counties in the state have a few. I live in Kanawha County, and there are at least 3 on state land in this county alone. Good state to live in if you're a shooter.
    Attached Images Attached Images