• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo for Bersa Thunder 380

bellbw

imported post

I have had some trouble lately with my bersa thunder 380 jamming a lot. It also didn't go off the other day when I went to shoot the first round. Never had these problems for the first year or so. Doesn't make me feel safe enough to carry it anymore. What cheap target ammo seems to work well in the bersa thunder? I had a brand that was in different box someone gave me so I dont know what make they were, but they jammed a lot. Just wondering if anyone can recommend which brands works well, and which brands to avoid. Also, for JHP what do you recomend? Also, if it isn't the ammo, could it be something with me or the gun? I don't think I am limp writing. Let me know guys..thanks

Legba

imported post

I've had problems using hollow-points on my .380s, and I have a few. After trying unsuccessfully to muck about with the ramps, I just stick to FMJ rounds and I don't have any trouble. They cost half as much anyway...

-ljp

bellbw

imported post

hlh wrote:
How often do you clean and lube the firearm? Also, is the feed ramp polished? Is it "broke in"? If you can't feed ball ammo something's wrong.
I clean it everytime I use it, and if its been sitting for more than a month or so I usually clean it just to avoid surface rust etc. I would say its pretty broken in...maybe 500 or so rounds. It literally never jammed for that break in period and now it jams everytime I take it to the range...good thing I have my .38 snub to carry I guess cuz I don't trust this anymore. What do you recommend I do about polishing the feed ramp?

Marco

imported post

if it feeds FMJ/Ball ammo okay try:

Cor-Bon
The Pow'RBall(TM) is a controlled expansion bullet capped with a polymer ball giving it a "full metal jacket" or rounded ball is smooth and slick. It will not hang up or snag as it guides the cartridge effortlessly into the chamber. The jackted bullet's lead core is shaped into a specially designed cavity that promotes deep penetration and high weight retention. All of this aids in energy transfer that produces stopping power.

Pow'RBall will not get plugged by heavy clothing. This ammunition will give you confidence and peace of mind knowing you can count on it in a critical situation.

If it won't feed FMJ/Ball ammo contact the manufacturerbefore you have any work done on it.

JMHO

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bellbw wrote:
I have had some trouble lately with my bersa thunder 380 jamming a lot. It also didn't go off the other day when I went to shoot the first round. Never had these problems for the first year or so. Doesn't make me feel safe enough to carry it anymore. What cheap target ammo seems to work well in the bersa thunder? I had a brand that was in different box someone gave me so I dont know what make they were, but they jammed a lot. Just wondering if anyone can recommend which brands works well, and which brands to avoid. Also, for JHP what do you recomend? Also, if it isn't the ammo, could it be something with me or the gun? I don't think I am limp writing. Let me know guys..thanks

There's been some talk of this on BersaTalk (www.bersatalk.com/forums).

I've used American Eagle (FMJ) a lot, but recently bought a box each of some different kinds to try out. I've never had a jam in any of my Bersas, though. Oh, wait, not true. First round through my Thunder45 jammed; I think it was operator error.