• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MS-13 Gang

just a guy with a Glock

imported post

possumboy wrote:
ChinChin wrote:
I remember in 2003(ish) when I lived in Burke we had a large concentration of MS-13 that live in what we called "poor-town", back near the railroad tracks by the post office off of Old Burke lake road.

Then almost overnight, they all vanished. I asked a cop I knew if it had been an ICE sting or INS raid? he said that some joker had spray painted "Sombra Negra" over some MS-13 grafitti and they all flipped out and ran. Doing a search I found out the group is made of former military and government officals who target and hunt down MS-13 members as they feel the official government is too corrupt to do anything about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sombra_Negra

That is one reason they are so dangerous in the US. The roaming state supported death squads are rare.

MS-13 has nothing to lose here in the US, while they would most like be killed if returned to Salavador. There has been a recent surge in membership since they have started to accepted members not from Salavador.

They are a group to be feared. I just finished my gang related training material at work and it is amazing what they have done in this area already that the media has not shown.

Virginia even passed a "Machete" law because it is the weapon of choice (http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+coh+18.2-282.1+404901).
So true, the media has suppressed truth to avoid appearing anti-immigrant. When the cops came to my complex to deal with the gang they were ready to shoot it out, full tactical gear. Ms-13 doesn't do so well against trained professionals, a couple of them were actually crying.

bohdi

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
openryan wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Yeah, I was watching this, too. We actually have a recent law in Virginia that bans concealed machetes because of these clowns! And there is gang activity within walking distance of my house. Fairfax County has nice neighborhoods and not-so-nice neighborhoods placed within blocks of each other, so you're never likely far from the fun. All the more reason to carry. Even still, the crime rate here is much lower thanit is across the river.
As far as OC goes -- in your immediate area of course, say 5-10 miles around you and this activity, how many people are ocing?
I haven't seen any OC'rs in my immediate neighborhood, but I have spotted CCr's around who obviously weren't concealing very well. I do know of one or two OCr's on this board who live very close to me, though.

The only OC'er I know of close to me is Agent19. We've got some rough patches near us as does anywhere. When I lived up in Sterling by the highschool off Sterling Blvd it was worse and that was MS-13 land. I didn't realize it and I wasn't that worried about it at the time, nor did I own a gun. It was also pre-9-11. Some guy got stabbed at the McDonalds behind my house and that's when I started thinking about how low rent the area was - but it was what I could afford at the time. Two years later I moved out, upgraded my living conditions, bought my glock and *almost* got the AR-15, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Now I regret that decision and someday will be able to get some more iron, but I've got the Glock and that beats a sling shot.

I haven't seen much MS-13 around where I'm at now but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they were. You just have to be looking, or in the wrong spot at the wrong time. My wife's co-worker's son was put in the hospital one night by MS-13 for running away from a fight that he was not involved in. Case of mistaken identity at a movie theater, he is lucky to be alive. Happened in Manassas I think 2 years or so ago.

just a guy with a Glock

imported post

Approximately six weeks ago there was a shooting outside the Ihop at Manassass Mall. Shots took out the largefront window by the emergency exit. When my regular waitress looked out there were over 100 punks out there arguing, next thing you know shots rang out.One of the managers young grandsons was seated in that section eating. Thank God he wasn't hurt. The manager told me she was thinking of getting a permit.If it would have happened twenty minutes sooner,I would havebeen there. That night I got stuck at Denny's due to that issue, which gave me an additional reason to hate these bastards.

Good thing that Manassass Mall bans carrying of weapons. We would all be so safe if MS-13 and their rival would just respect the law. Laws make us safe& snuggly warm, especially when cops are around.:banghead:

zoom6zoom

imported post

Even with a great police department that has exceptional response times, in 3-4 minutes you can still be dead.
Exactly. When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

I meet a lot of folks who say they have "been thinking" about getting a permit. I always tell them to stop thinking and start acting. I usually even have blank applications in my briefcase - sometimes all it takes is actually putting it in their hands. And of course, talking about OC - "you don't need to wait until your permit arrives to take responsibility for the protection of your family".

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Even with a great police department that has exceptional response times, in 3-4 minutes you can still be dead.
Exactly. When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

I meet a lot of folks who say they have "been thinking" about getting a permit. I always tell them to stop thinking and start acting. I usually even have blank applications in my briefcase - sometimes all it takes is actually putting it in their hands. And of course, talking about OC - "you don't need to wait until your permit arrives to take responsibility for the protection of your family".
Maybe you could even sell the firearms out of your briefcase... :p

hobobrent

imported post

Whats this talk of ex-military hunting this gang down? I'de like more info please! :D

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

I think thats just in El Salvadora, and from the info I found (in an admittly short internet search), its really more of a paramilitary (i.e. gov't sponsered) death squad than anything else.

imperialism2024

imported post

Heartless_Conservative wrote:
I think thats just in El Salvadora, and from the info I found (in an admittly short internet search), its really more of a paramilitary (i.e. gov't sponsered) death squad than anything else.
So, like our police, then?

:uhoh:

Still interesting, though.

Legba

imported post

La Sombra is no joke - former Arena party goons/death squad guys from the 80s (or their kids now). If MS-13 is afraid of them, they have good reason to be. If America comes to that, nobody will be safe, armed or not.

-ljp

MetalChris

imported post

Legba wrote:
La Sombra is no joke - former Arena party goons/death squad guys from the 80s (or their kids now). If MS-13 is afraid of them, they have good reason to be. If America comes to that, nobody will be safe, armed or not.

-ljp
America is fast becoming just that! That's why we gotta give up all of our guns!!! ;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Enough of the vigilante death squad talk, its really not funny.
Can we talk about vigilante rough 'em up squads?
If you think the Moderation is inappropriate, please point to howa discussion was on-topic, not acrimonious, etc. Witty come-backs at the Moderators don't really get us anywhere.

Neplusultra

imported post

possumboy wrote:
ChinChin wrote:
I remember in 2003(ish) when I lived in Burke we had a large concentration of MS-13 that live in what we called "poor-town", back near the railroad tracks by the post office off of Old Burke lake road.

Then almost overnight, they all vanished. I asked a cop I knew if it had been an ICE sting or INS raid? he said that some joker had spray painted "Sombra Negra" over some MS-13 grafitti and they all flipped out and ran. Doing a search I found out the group is made of former military and government officals who target and hunt down MS-13 members as they feel the official government is too corrupt to do anything about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sombra_Negra

That is one reason they are so dangerous in the US. The roaming state supported death squads are rare.

MS-13 has nothing to lose here in the US, while they would most like be killed if returned to Salavador. There has been a recent surge in membership since they have started to accepted members not from Salavador.

They are a group to be feared. I just finished my gang related training material at work and it is amazing what they have done in this area already that the media has not shown.

Virginia even passed a "Machete" law because it is the weapon of choice (http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+coh+18.2-282.1+404901).
Possumboy, do you have any cites or instances that you can tell us about where the media didn't report?

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

Citizen wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Enough of the vigilante death squad talk, its really not funny.
Can we talk about vigilante rough 'em up squads?
If you think the Moderation is inappropriate, please point to howa discussion was on-topic, not acrimonious, etc. Witty come-backs at the Moderators don't really get us anywhere.
I was making a joke...I guess I should have used a smiley icon....damn internet and its inability to convey vocal inflection.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I watched that show and found it horrific that we allow such cretins to not just exist and function, but actually flourish in our country. On the one hand, it seems like there is such an easy solution - just make gang membership illegal and if you are caught with gang colors or tattoos or tagging gang graffitti, or flashing gang signs, etc you go directly to jail. But then there is that darn constitution allowing freedom of assembly and speech. And you get into the whole thought crime issue with the first amendment if you punish gang graffitti differently than any other vandalism. So the solution is not easy at all.

Yet another case where our freedoms are used against us. Although there was a time when they such gangs couldn't flourish because the community would take matters into their own hands and stop such behavior. It becomes a fine line and slippery slope when it comes to that. I wish I knew of an easy solution.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I was making a joke...I guess I should have used a smiley icon....damn internet and its inability to convey vocal inflection.
Sorry. Ifailed to consider that it might be just humor.

captainamerica

imported post

Do gangs like this retaliate if a law abiding citizen were to shoot them in a life threatening and/or violent attack? We have a number of gangs (or so I've heard and read) around the KC-metro area and I've often wondered what the truth is about any revenge factor; let alone in other parts of the country.