• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting 11/15/07 - Mason Govt. Center (Annandale)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Just pimping the monthly meeting but it should be a good one celebrating the defeat of old DD.

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

Mason Gubmint center; the usual VCDL meeting haunt.

Coffee at the super secret starbucks down the street again?

Details?

There will I'm sure be a recap of things, possibly discussion of legislative items. Nevertheless, let's just say this meeting will be worth your attendance. :celebrate

Please do whatever you can to get folks involved - bring a neighbor, friend, whatever and let's try to bring more people into the membership ranks.

PLUS: It's not too early to make plans for lobby day at the General Assembly. It'sthe elder Mrs. Y's birthday, but erroneously listed on the calendar as some guy named Marty King... Anyway, it's extremely important to make a HUGE showing.

If you've never been, not to worry it's easy, it's fun and you get to direclty participate in our government. It's twice as easy as a job interview. There will be probably 2 dozen of the usual VCDL regulars but we need MORE of the gun vote. It's 2 months away so please make plans to be thereon lobby day now.

vtme_grad98

imported post

I wish more VCDL stuff happened down in the Hampton Roads area, or at least something more central like Richmond. We miss out on so much of the fun down here.

bohdi

imported post

hlh wrote:
Where is the meeting?

Mason District Governmental Center
6507 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003
For directions, call 703-256-8035

www.vcdl.org - meetings - look for the super secret starbucks down the road from this location, it's by a bank and will be filled with gun owners prior to meeting at the Mason center. :D

XCon

imported post

Just keep on goin on columbia pike u will see it on left hand side. In the parking lot, where they have Big K mart etc. I will be there folks

TEX1N

imported post

Sent out this morning from the VCDL VA-Alert:

1. VCDL membership meeting - Devolites-Davis going-away party and election wrap-up

At this Thursday's VCDL membership meeting, we will be having a going away party for Senator Jeannemarie Devolites-Davis! We will have a specially decorated cake and cookies, as well as soft drinks. You're going to want to see the cake and cookies. ;-)

We will also be discussing the election results and what they mean to gun owners.

Larry Pratt, Executive Director of Gun Owners of America, and Jeff Knox's wife, representing The Firearms Coalition, will be there to celebrate with us! If you haven't met Larry, this would be a great time to meet him and thank him for all that he does.

The NRA has also been invited, but we have not heard if they will send a representative.

The meeting will be held at the Mason Government Center in Annandale this Thursday, November 15th at 8 PM. Fellowship will start at 7:30 PM.

We need to get an approximate head count so we have plenty of food.
So if you can think you can make it, please send an RSVP with the number in your party to Jim Snyder at: vp "at" vcdl "dot" org.

Even if you don't RSVP, you can still come to the meeting. We just want an approximate count.

The meeting is open to the public and the press will be invited, so bring along friends, family, and coworkers.

Directions to the meeting can be found at:

http://www.vcdl.org/meetings.html

IanB

imported post

Opsgear wrote:
Just keep on goin on columbia pike u will see it on left hand side. In the parking lot, where they have Big K mart etc.
Huh? That would be 236 (Little River Turnpike) with the K-mart, not Columbia Pike.

XCon

imported post

are we guys meeting somewhere else before the meeting? around what time so i could come by.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Opsgear wrote:
are we guys meeting somewhere else before the meeting? around what time so i could come by.

Oftentimes a group will get together at the Starbucks nearest the meeting location. You'll generally see a group starting to form around 6:15 or 6:30; they leave about 7:15 for the meeting.

longwatch

imported post

I figure anyone with some gumption should be able to figure it out for themselves. Besides you never know who might show up if you make too easy like the reporter that time.

longwatch

imported post

Code:
Thursday's VCDL membership meeting will be a going away party for 
Senator Jeannemarie Devolites-Davis!  Everyone is welcome to come join 
us and celebrate the "retirement" of a legislator who made gun control 
the centerpiece of her campaign.

Not only will we be providing goodies, but the Faisal Gill campaign 
(candidate for Delegate, 51st District) is also sending a "Thank You" 
cake.  The polls were showing Gill trailing by 17% after his opponent's

deceptive attacks vilified his progun position.  In addition, his 
opponent outspent him $400K to $120K.  Once Gill received the VCDL-PAC 
and GOA endorsements, he drew to within 2% on election day -- almost
enough.

We will also be discussing the election results and what they mean to
gun owners.

We will have several guest speakers too:

-- Larry Pratt, Executive Director of Gun Owners of America
-- Mrs. Jay Janen Knox, Executive Director of The Firearms
Coalition.
(In the last VA-ALERT, she was incorrectly identified as Jeff
Knox's wife...she's really his mom.)
-- The NRA has also been invited, but we have yet to hear if they
will send a representative.

The meeting will be held at the Mason Government Center in Annandale
this Thursday, November 15th at 8 PM.  Fellowship will start at 7:30
PM.

The meeting is open to the public, so bring along friends, family, and 
coworkers.

Directions to the meeting can be found at:

[url=http://www.vcdl.org/meetings.html]http://www.vcdl.org/meetings.html[/url]

ososghost

imported post

I've been a member of the VCDL for a few months now but this will be the first meeting I attend. I look forward to meeting all of you fellow gun owners at the meeting tonight.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ososghost wrote:
I've been a member of the VCDL for a few months now but this will be the first meeting I attend. I look forward to meeting all of you fellow gun owners at the meeting tonight.

Be sure to introduce yourself. I'm looking forward to meeting you too.

IanB

imported post

ososghost wrote:
Hey, you stole my VCDL graphic! :lol::lol::lol: