• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pimp My Serpa

Mjolnir

imported post

radwood wrote:
Pretty neat idea, despite all the hijacking going on in this thread. I'd probably end up putting a picture of my unit patch on it, or something :p The stencil lettering is too drab for me.

b1ack5mith wrote

P.S. your name sounds pretty middleastern... hmmmmmmm
I hope that was a joke, because "Mjolnir" is about as far from middle eastern as you can get (it's Nordic), and I'm not really sure what you're trying to say by that without inferring more than I care to.
Don't worry, it just goes to show ya how biased, ignorant and backwoods some people here are.

Just cuz I refuse to name names when speaking out against the serpa bandwagon here and call blackhawk the very best airsofters gear ever made they have it out for me & will do anyting and everyting to make fun of me & attack me cuz they can't and dont understand & have to make fun and attack something that they can't comprehend.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Sitrep wrote:
I think you should stencil it in gold. I think it would jump out a bit more that way. Nice to help get the word out, but I'm not doing that to my leather holster.
And then diamond encrusted... OR -- you could spell it in led lights, people would really notice then!

All kidding aside, cool idea, I wonder if it brings any traffic to the site.

Also, nice rig.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Sitrep wrote:
I think you should stencil it in gold. I think it would jump out a bit more that way. Nice to help get the word out, but I'm not doing that to my leather holster.
Bling Bling!!! I chose silver because I thought it would contrast better with black. (and I was all out of white paint! :p) My leather Galco will not receive this treatment!

MetalChris

imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Double-winner!

OCDO and the best work trousers around!
Completely OT, but am I the only person on the planet who *HATES* the word "trousers"? Ugh! For some reason it bothers the hell out of me.

In England "pants" are always called "trousers." "Pants" there are underwear... :p

/useless offtopic information

:p

TrueBrit

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
HungSquirrel wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Double-winner!

Completely OT, but am I the only person on the planet who *HATES* the word "trousers"? Ugh! For some reason it bothers the hell out of me.

In England "pants" are always called "trousers." "Pants" there are underwear... :p
Sure, 100% correct, Chris.

BTW, I am sure that I am missing something here, but why isdecorating or spiffing up a holster referred to as "pimping" it? I was under the impression that pimps were purveyors of strumpets, does the word have an alternative meaning nowadays?

Just curious, you understand, please enlighten me!

TrueBrit.

MetalChris

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:
HungSquirrel wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Double-winner!

Sure, 100% correct, Chris.

BTW, I am sure that I am missing something here, but why isdecorating or spiffing up a holster referred to as "pimping" it? I was under the impression that pimps were purveyors of strumpets, does the word have an alternative meaning nowadays?

Just curious, you understand, please enlighten me!

TrueBrit.

LoL!!! You said strumpets!!!

God I miss England sometimes. Then I look at my Remington and feel much better. :)

FogRider

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
Sure, 100% correct, Chris. BTW, I am sure that I am missing something here, but why is decorating or spiffing up a holster referred to as "pimping" it? I was under the impression that pimps were purveyors of strumpets, does the word have an alternative meaning nowadays? Just curious, you understand, please enlighten me! TrueBrit.
Pimping something (when not refering to actual prostitution) does in fact mean decorating or spiffing it up, but in an urban/gangsta style, eg. pimp my ride.

TrueBrit

imported post

FogRider wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
Sure, 100% correct, Chris. BTW, I am sure that I am missing something here, but why is decorating or spiffing up a holster referred to as "pimping" it? I was under the impression that pimps were purveyors of strumpets, does the word have an alternative meaning nowadays? Just curious, you understand, please enlighten me! TrueBrit.
Pimping something (when not refering to actual prostitution) does in fact mean decorating or spiffing it up, but in an urban/gangsta style, eg. pimp my ride.

AH! Fog, I understand now!May I take it, then, that the joys of Ebonics have permeated the English language to such a degree that this gangsta style of expression is universally understood?( Except by backward old farts like me, I guess?)

No matter. I think that I will stick to old-fashioned English, and leave the gangsta chat to the gangstas, and the better informed, progressive guys!

But thanks for putting me right here.Always good to know what folks are actually saying!

TrueBrit.

FogRider

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:

AH! Fog, I understand now!May I take it, then, that the joys of Ebonics have permeated the English language to such a degree that this gangsta style of expression is universally understood?( Except by backward old farts like me, I guess?)

No matter. I think that I will stick to old-fashioned English, and leave the gangsta chat to the gangstas, and the better informed, progressive guys!

But thanks for putting me right here.Always good to know what folks are actually saying!

TrueBrit.
Ebonics! That's the word I was looking for to desribe it!

MetalChris

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
May I take it, then, that the joys of Ebonics have permeated the English language to such a degree that this gangsta style of expression is universally understood?
Unfortuately, yes.

TrueBrit

imported post

USAF_MetalChris wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
May I take it, then, that the joys of Ebonics have permeated the English language to such a degree that this gangsta style of expression is universally understood?
Unfortuately, yes.

Many thanks, Sir, and to Fog, of course, for educating me!My apologies to the OP for straying from the thread, and may I congratulate him on his"pimped-up"holster!

I made enquiries of my stepson, and he tells me that the TV programme "Pimp my Ride"deals with boys who trick out their cars with all manner of "improvements".

My daughter in England also tells me that the "chavs", as the feral juvenile underclass are known, do the same thing with their POS Ford Fiestas! This practice there is known as to "Barry-Up" a car, the mythical "Barry" being the coolest cat in town!

The older I get, the more I learn!

TrueBrit.

XCon

imported post

Do any of you guys know where I can get a holster that is also made with kevlar and will protect my gun from fragmentation (bullet resistant)?

FogRider

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
Unfortuately, yes.

Many thanks, Sir, and to Fog, of course, for educating me!My apologies to the OP for straying from the thread, and may I congratulate him on his"pimped-up"holster!

I made enquiries of my stepson, and he tells me that the TV programme "Pimp my Ride"deals with boys who trick out their cars with all manner of "improvements".

My daughter in England also tells me that the "chavs", as the feral juvenile underclass are known, do the same thing with their POS Ford Fiestas! This practice there is known as to "Barry-Up" a car, the mythical "Barry" being the coolest cat in town!

TrueBrit.
Out. His holster is pimped out. The more you know... ;)

TrueBrit

imported post

FogRider wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
USAF_MetalChris wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
Unfortuately, yes.

TrueBrit.
Out. His holster is pimped out. The more you know... ;)

Fog, good man yourself! OUT it shall be!

Maybe I need to study this Ebonics thing after all!:lol:

TrueBrit.