• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thinking of carrying a stun gun in stead of a real firearm?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Heartless_Conservative wrote:
Oregon, but I'm going to school in Ohio, and the dorm bans all 'weapons' (thank the innumerable gods of darkness that a folding knife isn't considered a weapon if its less than 3 inches of blade). And since I was nevered involved in anything related with firearms (both my parents don't care for them much, Hell, they didn't even like it when I started carrying 2-3 pocket knives), I've never even touched a real gun, much less fired one (though I do I have a neat air pistol thats fun to plink with in the backyard...too bad its considered a weapon...). However, I did a short essay on concealed carry last year for a writing class, and it got into researching other firearms related stuff, which was bolstered by the research paper I did for my next writing class...again on concealed carry (albeit much more in depth and with alot more citations). So I went from being someone that didn't really care about all that 2nd Amendment non-sense (mainly because I didn't know how hard they were trying to actaully destroy the 2nd Amendment) to being a pretty die hard opponent of gun control in almost all forms. Which is ironic because I started out mainly by reading pro-gun control stuff, it was just so asstastically retarded that I realized "if this is the best they can come up with, then why in the 7 hells are people still taking them seriously?" And I figured if I was going to support gun rights then I might as well get some practical experience with guns, but since I don't know any gunnies I figured the best place to start would be a basic handgun course, which I can't do until summer 'cause of college and stuff.

Well that was an intersting tangent, I hope I didn't bore anyone with that somewhat longwinded paragraph.
No boredom at all - welcome aboard - pleased to have you here. You have discovered that gun control ideas and proponents cannot stand the light of facts/truth shinning upon them. Like vampires their deceit and lies turn to dust when exposed to the light of day.

Become as active as your time and funds will allow. At least continue your education into our fundamental freedoms and spread the word. Veritas vos liberabit.

Yata hey

expvideo

imported post

Heartless_Conservative wrote:
Oregon, but I'm going to school in Ohio, and the dorm bans all 'weapons' (thank the innumerable gods of darkness that a folding knife isn't considered a weapon if its less than 3 inches of blade). And since I was nevered involved in anything related with firearms (both my parents don't care for them much, Hell, they didn't even like it when I started carrying 2-3 pocket knives), I've never even touched a real gun, much less fired one (though I do I have a neat air pistol thats fun to plink with in the backyard...too bad its considered a weapon...). However, I did a short essay on concealed carry last year for a writing class, and it got into researching other firearms related stuff, which was bolstered by the research paper I did for my next writing class...again on concealed carry (albeit much more in depth and with alot more citations). So I went from being someone that didn't really care about all that 2nd Amendment non-sense (mainly because I didn't know how hard they were trying to actaully destroy the 2nd Amendment) to being a pretty die hard opponent of gun control in almost all forms. Which is ironic because I started out mainly by reading pro-gun control stuff, it was just so asstastically retarded that I realized "if this is the best they can come up with, then why in the 7 hells are people still taking them seriously?" And I figured if I was going to support gun rights then I might as well get some practical experience with guns, but since I don't know any gunnies I figured the best place to start would be a basic handgun course, which I can't do until summer 'cause of college and stuff.

Well that was an intersting tangent, I hope I didn't bore anyone with that somewhat longwinded paragraph.
I'm sure there are a lot of people in Oregon who would be willing to take you shooting. Might want to try a more frequented forum, like thehighroad.org, but we gun people are pretty friendly, and like to teach first shooters. I'm up in the Seattle area, or I'd offer.