• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Veterans Day plans?

compmanio365

imported post

I am hoping to find a parade or something here around Tacoma to attend on Sunday to honor Veterans Day. I plan to OC, of course, while doing so. I have the greatest line to give if someone inquires: "I'm carrying today, and every day, because it's a right protected by the people we're here to honor today. Maybe you should look into it too, cause it's your right as well."

Anyone else around Tacoma want to join in? Anyone else have plans made already?

Obviously I am going to be busy driving up to Monroe/Snohomish(?) on Saturday and making a parade or event to honor Veterans Day on Sunday.

It'll be a great weekend. :D

compmanio365

imported post

wqbang wrote:
Auburn has a very large and popular veterans day parade. I will be bringing my family.

http://www.auburnwa.gov/recreation/events/veterans.asp

Unfortunately, from what I see, Tacoma has nothing on Sunday, the actual DAY of Veterans Day......and Saturday I will be tied up with other plans (see November OC lunch thread....)

And do you OC at the parade in Auburn? My understanding was that Auburn was not very friendly to OC yet.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Hmph, I'm sure the good people of Olympia, led by the Honorable Councilman TJ Johnson will have a parade, right after they finish trying to block convoys of returning military equipment with garbage in the street.

Actually there will be an event at the Capitol Rotunda and the VFW Band will play on the 11th. Capitol Campus is legal for OC until one has to start passing metal detectors. Haven't OC'd there, I should.

Here are some articles on protesters trying to disrupt military cargo shipments going back to Fort Lewis. Note the part where the OPD does not have the resources to stay at the Port gate.
http://www.theolympian.com/breakingnews/story/267149.html

http://www.theolympian.com/news/story/265490.html
protesters dumped garbage to try and stop the convoys

Methinks not only is the OPD stretched thin, they are extremely patient with these idiots.