• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Prohibiting loaded guns at gun shows (by request)

j2l3

imported post

CC27 wrote:
Pacific Place of Seattle (6th Avenue & Pine Street) - Seattle : Hassecurity.

Tacoma Mall (4502 S Steele St., Ste. 1177) - Tacoma: Has security.

Southcenter Mall (633 Southcenter Mall) - Tukwila : Has security.

Yes, the Malls DO have security, they are not armed. Their job is to be visible and try to get people to comply with Mall rules of conduct.

If something serious happens, they are not expected to help you. They are expected to "Observe and Report". Nothing more. Trust me, for what they are paid, they are not going to jump in front of someone with a gun.

Visible security is far different from armed security with a mandate to protect.

Mainsail

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
CC27 wrote:
Pacific Place of Seattle (6th Avenue & Pine Street) - Seattle : Hassecurity.

Tacoma Mall (4502 S Steele St., Ste. 1177) - Tacoma: Has security.

Southcenter Mall (633 Southcenter Mall) - Tukwila : Has security.

Yes, the Malls DO have security, they are not armed. Their job is to be visible and try to get people to comply with Mall rules of conduct.

If something serious happens, they are not expected to help you. They are expected to "Observe and Report". Nothing more. Trust me, for what they are paid, they are not going to jump in front of someone with a gun.

Visible security is far different from armed security with a mandate to protect.
Tacoma Mall has (armed) off-duty TPD that work there. I imagine other malls are typical.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

j2l3 wrote:

Heck I had a guard try and throw me out of Westlake once because I was gagging on some food and spit a little up on the sidewalk. Don't imagine they are going to do much good stopping real crime. My gun is my visible security.

Steve

j2l3

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
Tacoma Mall has (armed) off-duty TPD that work there. I imagine other malls are typical.

That's interesting about Tacoma Mall. Good for them, though somehow the likelyhood of them being nearby when something bad happens isn't good. it would have to be a stroke of luck.

The Security Directors for Southcenter and Northgate are friends of mine. There is no armed security there.

CC27

imported post

The issue isn't security. The issue is hypocrisy. everyone gits up in arms about Walmart, Sportsmans warehouse, or even Larry's gun shop, but they just bend over and take it from WAC. It's ridiculous. If you just stopped at thought about it you would see that this rule is B.S. and is hurting every law abiding gun owner.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

CC27 wrote:
The issue isn't security. The issue is hypocrisy. everyone gits up in arms about Walmart, Sportsmans warehouse, or even Larry's gun shop, but they just bend over and take it from WAC. It's ridiculous. If you just stopped at thought about it you would see that this rule is B.S. and is hurting every law abiding gun owner.
As much as I would like to have the time to visit a gun show, I would not like being disarmed. OTOH, look at the good being done by Trigger Dr at the WAC shows. I hate the idea of boycotting gun dealers and gun shows. Larry's is an extreme example, Dick Cheney has better people skills and customer service relations than Larry's. But how many venues would realize the financial hit they would take if a portion of their customers or dealers were unhappy about an illogical policy?

What would the WAC do/say if 100 or 200 people were to register their unhappiness with this policy? (Can we here, muster 100 complaints among ourselves yet?) Before a place is boycotted, aren't they given a chance to fix themselves, and to respond to the complaints we send them?

Steve

CC27

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
CC27 wrote:
As much as I would like to have the time to visit a gun show, I would not like being disarmed. OTOH, look at the good being done by Trigger Dr at the WAC shows. I hate the idea of boycotting gun dealers and gun shows. Larry's is an extreme example, Dick Cheney has better people skills and customer service relations than Larry's. But how many venues would realize the financial hit they would take if a portion of their customers or dealers were unhappy about an illogical policy?

What would the WAC do/say if 100 or 200 people were to register their unhappiness with this policy? (Can we here, muster 100 complaints among ourselves yet?) Before a place is boycotted, aren't they given a chance to fix themselves, and to respond to the complaints we send them?

Steve
I think that would be a excellent idea.

modelo57

imported post

This story is second, possibly third or fourth, hand. Several shows are put on at the Big "E" in West Springfield Mass. Ammo is NOT allowed in the building, never mind a loaded gun. The storyI was told is a supposedly unloaded firearm was discharged into the ceiling. Ignoring the obviously poor gun handling, I was told some "antis" had gone around and loaded a few guns without being noticed. They were supposedly identified and arrested. The promoter took steps to insure this would never happen again. All for sale firearms are checked at the door and sealed. All sold firearms leaving the building are sealed. The sale of ammo is outside in a tent and if you purchase any ammo it must be placed in your vehicle before you reenter. I do not know how true this is, but the fact remains all firearms are sealed and all ammo transactions take place outside ofthe building. Having firearms for sale unloaded makes perfect sense to me. However, if you are legally carrying you should be allowed a loaded firearm

heresolong

imported post

CC27 wrote:
Really? Have you asked them why they have the rule?

Trigger Dr

imported post

Just a point of clarification... when you become a member of WAC, part of the membership fee goes for a background check. This is to insure that each member can LEGALLY purchase a firearm.

How many times have you heard "The gun was bought illegally at a gunshow"? None of the firearms reccovered after criminal use have been traced to purchase from WAC shows.

Now, you say, I have a CPL but I still have to be a member to buy or sell a firearm. I don't like that part either, but, a good part of the money goes to expenses such as Puyallup PD officers, Contract security, hall rental and a building fund to purchase a venue owned by the membership.

Jim

CC27

imported post

heresolong wrote:
CC27 wrote:
Really? Have you asked them why they have the rule?
It doesn'tmater why the have the rule.

Bear 45/70

imported post

CC27 wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
CC27 wrote:

Steve
I think that would be a excellent idea.
Theleaders of WAC are worse than Hitler, Stalin and Castro ever dreamed of being. A few years back there was an effort to vote them out and the bastards threw out the election results twice before it went there way. They will ignore you if you protest the gun policy, regardless of how many you get to protest.

CC27

imported post

If anybody knows how to get a petition going and who to submit it too lets start this thing. I think a WAC member would be best in heading this. If we giveWAC the opportunity to change this rule and it is ignored I think a boycott is necessary. If this rule gets changed I vow to become a member of WAC for at least one year.

BluesBear

imported post

You're wasting your time. The Washington Arms Collectors is a private organization. Think of it as a CLUB. And as a club they have the right to make whatever rules they choose. Take it or leave it.

Right now you're wasting our time. If YOU want to start a petition then why don't YOU put your money where your mouth is and JOIN and then try to change it? STand as a candidate for the board of directors on a platform of CCW at shows and see if you can get elected. Then propose a bylaws change. A petition is a waste of everyone's time. You'll need to get a majority of the membership to vote for it. And I can tell you that ain't gonna happen.

As it is you sound like someone who bitches about the way the country is run but you aren't a registered voter.

Preston1911

imported post

CC27 I don't understand how you can boycott WAC Gun Shows that you do not attend anyway.

CC27

imported post

.45 1911 wrote:
CC27 I don't understand how you can boycott WAC Gun Shows that you do not attend anyway.

boycott:to engage in a concerted refusal to have dealings with (as a person, store, or organization) usually to express disapproval or to force acceptance of certain conditions.

You don't need to have attended to boycott.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

modelo57 wrote:
... The storyI was told is a supposedly unloaded firearm was discharged into the ceiling.... I was told some "antis" had gone around and loaded a few guns without being noticed. They were supposedly identified and arrested.

Those dman Brady Bunchers! And MMMers too!

They will do ANYTHING to ruin the reputation of lawful gun owners and advocates!
:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Bear 45/70

imported post

HankT wrote:
modelo57 wrote:
... The storyI was told is a supposedly unloaded firearm was discharged into the ceiling.... I was told some "antis" had gone around and loaded a few guns without being noticed. They were supposedly identified and arrested.

Those dman Brady Bunchers! And MMMers too!

They will do ANYTHING to ruin the reputation of lawful gun owners and advocates!
:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:
Another rumor with not a shred of truth to it.