Thread: Motorcycles

Post imported post

Hello, I am new to this group and would like to first introduce myself. I go by Leo, live in Monroe, Wa. Ride with the Marines Motorcycle club.

I have been browsing the posts and learning alot. If this topic has been covered I did not see it.

I need to have a concealed pistol license to cary a loaded pistol in my car but what about a motorcycle?

Semper Fidelis, Leo

Post imported post

I also ride. You need a pistol license to carry on a bike but once you have the license, you areable to carry open or concealed.

I have OCed on a bike, but not too often as the jacket I have tends to cover it. The few times I have, I have riden past Kitsap Co SO cars and no one has said a thing.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.

Post imported post

LEOFXR wrote:
    Hello, I am new to this group and would like to first introduce myself. I go by Leo, live in Monroe, Wa. Ride with the Marines Motorcycle club.

I have been browsing the posts and learning alot. If this topic has been covered I did not see it.

I need to have a concealed pistol license to cary a loaded pistol in my car but what about a motorcycle?

Semper Fidelis, Leo
    Welcome to the board Leo.

LT
    Combat Veterans International, Whatcom County

Post imported post

Welcome LEO.

Jim(former FMF Corpsman)

Post imported post

Welcome Leo,

I am very new here myself. I just found out about OC being legal after I asked Agent 47 about riding away from work with a pistol on his hip. My impression was you don't need a permit as long as the pistol is always visible, at the OC lunch today 2-3 people told me I could've OC'd even though I realized yesterday that my permit was expired. (it expired last march, I gotta pay more attention) But myreason to go to the show out in Monroe today was to see if I could find a holster with good retention toOC especially on a FXDWG. I found one and will use itto OC but itwill have to wait until the new permit comes since mycoat will cover the sidearm while I'm on the bike.

You know where my nickname comes from... Happy birthday!

Alan

Post imported post

It was my understanding that a bike or motorcycle is still considered transportation and subject to the same laws as cars. So even though you are open carrying, you are still operating a vehicle.

In either case your not likely to get stopped, because just having a weapon is not grounds to terry stop or pull over a vehicle.

Keep your CC permit on you.

Post imported post

I open carry on my motorcycle and have done so all over the state, put about ten thousand miles on it so far. All while open carrying and I have never been pulled over. Although a CPL is required to have a loaded gun in ( or on ) a vehicle you are not required to conceal it.

Post imported post

Thanks for all the input and the warm welcome from everyone. Sounds like a lot of us ride bikes. Hope to meet with you all sometime. I could not make the gun show today but will be there Sunday. I am not hard to spot, Big Eagle Globe and Anchor patch on my back. Thanks again.

Semper Fidelis, Leo