• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Motorcycles

LEOFXR

imported post

Hello, I am new to this group and would like to first introduce myself. I go by Leo, live in Monroe, Wa. Ride with the Marines Motorcycle club.

I have been browsing the posts and learning alot. If this topic has been covered I did not see it.

I need to have a concealed pistol license to cary a loaded pistol in my car but what about a motorcycle?

Semper Fidelis, Leo

eBratt

imported post

I also ride. You need a pistol license to carry on a bike but once you have the license, you areable to carry open or concealed.

I have OCed on a bike, but not too often as the jacket I have tends to cover it. The few times I have, I have riden past Kitsap Co SO cars and no one has said a thing.

heresolong

imported post

LEOFXR wrote:
Hello, I am new to this group and would like to first introduce myself. I go by Leo, live in Monroe, Wa. Ride with the Marines Motorcycle club.

I have been browsing the posts and learning alot. If this topic has been covered I did not see it.

I need to have a concealed pistol license to cary a loaded pistol in my car but what about a motorcycle?

Semper Fidelis, Leo
Welcome to the board Leo.

LT
Combat Veterans International, Whatcom County

Misguided Child

imported post

Welcome Leo,

I am very new here myself. I just found out about OC being legal after I asked Agent 47 about riding away from work with a pistol on his hip. My impression was you don't need a permit as long as the pistol is always visible, at the OC lunch today 2-3 people told me I could've OC'd even though I realized yesterday that my permit was expired. (it expired last march, I gotta pay more attention) But myreason to go to the show out in Monroe today was to see if I could find a holster with good retention toOC especially on a FXDWG. I found one and will use itto OC but itwill have to wait until the new permit comes since mycoat will cover the sidearm while I'm on the bike.

You know where my nickname comes from... Happy birthday!

Alan

nofoa

imported post

It was my understanding that a bike or motorcycle is still considered transportation and subject to the same laws as cars. So even though you are open carrying, you are still operating a vehicle.

In either case your not likely to get stopped, because just having a weapon is not grounds to terry stop or pull over a vehicle.

Keep your CC permit on you.

Agent 47

imported post

I open carry on my motorcycle and have done so all over the state, put about ten thousand miles on it so far. All while open carrying and I have never been pulled over. Although a CPL is required to have a loaded gun in ( or on ) a vehicle you are not required to conceal it.

LEOFXR

imported post

Thanks for all the input and the warm welcome from everyone. Sounds like a lot of us ride bikes. Hope to meet with you all sometime. I could not make the gun show today but will be there Sunday. I am not hard to spot, Big Eagle Globe and Anchor patch on my back. Thanks again.

Semper Fidelis, Leo