Thread: Fact or fiction?

Post imported post

My neighbor (who also has a CHL) told me that while during his class, he was told by a LEO that only one fire arm can be carried consealed at a time.

Is this true, because I can't find anything the the stautes regarding this.[

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

I can't help you specifically for your state but if you can't find it then it's probably not true.
    The same rumor exists here in PA (among others) and of course, it's false.

Post imported post

From what I remember of reading the firearms statues, no, it isn't. But I am neither an expert, nor was I carefully scutinizing as I read, so I might be wrong.

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

Some people get too into the semantics of the wording and come to the wrong conclusion. Since the words "handgun" and "pistol" are used in the singular form in the state code they take the meaning literally that you're only allowed to carry ONE firearm concealed.

Post imported post

There is nothing in Oregon law that says you have to carry only one handgun with your CHL. I have also heard that youare limited tocarrying 6, but I haven't seen any laws to prove that either. I think you would be hard pressed to conceal 6 guns on yourself anyway!

Carrying a backup is perfectly normal and allowed. Don't let the LEO's tell you different.

Post imported post

Deovin1 wrote:
    There is nothing in Oregon law that says you have to carry only one handgun with your CHL. I have also heard that youare limited tocarrying 6, but I haven't seen any laws to prove that either. I think you would be hard pressed to conceal 6 guns on yourself anyway!

Carrying a backup is perfectly normal and allowed. Don't let the LEO's tell you different.
    Dunno about the other states, but KY has no such restrictions, pack pretty much what you like, and as many as you like, not restricted to hand guns either. Ours is a CONCEALED DEADLY WEAPONS LICENSE, and covers all manner of goodies!

TrueBrit.