• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fact or fiction?

SetivaSicWood

imported post

My neighbor (who also has a CHL) told me that while during his class, he was told by a LEO that only one fire arm can be carried consealed at a time.

Is this true, because I can't find anything the the stautes regarding this.[

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

From what I remember of reading the firearms statues, no, it isn't. But I am neither an expert, nor was I carefully scutinizing as I read, so I might be wrong.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Some people get too into the semantics of the wording and come to the wrong conclusion. Since the words "handgun" and "pistol" are used in the singular form in the state code they take the meaning literally that you're only allowed to carry ONE firearm concealed.

Deovin1

imported post

There is nothing in Oregon law that says you have to carry only one handgun with your CHL. I have also heard that youare limited tocarrying 6, but I haven't seen any laws to prove that either. I think you would be hard pressed to conceal 6 guns on yourself anyway!

Carrying a backup is perfectly normal and allowed. Don't let the LEO's tell you different.

TrueBrit

imported post

Deovin1 wrote:
There is nothing in Oregon law that says you have to carry only one handgun with your CHL. I have also heard that youare limited tocarrying 6, but I haven't seen any laws to prove that either. I think you would be hard pressed to conceal 6 guns on yourself anyway!

Carrying a backup is perfectly normal and allowed. Don't let the LEO's tell you different.

Dunno about the other states, but KY has no such restrictions, pack pretty much what you like, and as many as you like, not restricted to hand guns either. Ours is a CONCEALED DEADLY WEAPONS LICENSE, and covers all manner of goodies!:D

TrueBrit.