• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

§6106b Exception #4

imperialism2024

imported post

While reading over the PA consolidated statutes again for fun, this struck my interest:

§ 6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.
(a) Offense defined.--
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who
carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a
firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place
of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and
lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony
of the third degree.
(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not
apply to:
(4) Any persons engaged in target shooting with a
firearm, if such persons are at or are going to or from their
places of assembly or target practice
and if, while going to
or from their places of assembly or target practice, the
firearm is not loaded.

The exception would lead me to believe that I am within my legal rights to OC my unloaded revolver in a hip holster, without a license, while driving directly to and from the sportsman's club where I target shoot. Am I wrong in this?