• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

the WAC gunshow in monroe meetup

expvideo

imported post

So a group of us met up at the Monroe gun show today, then we went to a BBQ restaurant and some of us went shooting. It was a blast, and I'd like to thank BluesBear for finding a great place for lunch, the food and service was amazing, and it was a truely gun-friendly restaurant.

My fiancee, Taylor, and I had never been to a gun show before, so this was a fun new experience for us. If you haven't been to one, go! It was incredible. I don't know what else to say, it was great.

Lunch was a lot of fun. I got to meet some new faces, and we really had a fun and friendly group. There were about a dozen of us, and the food was wonderful and really cheap.

After lunch some of us went to the range in Arlington. First of all, the heated range was very nice. Sams is great, but this place was nicer. I enjoyed getting to try out my brand new AK47 (without being a member!) and to my surprize, Taylor really enjoyed shooting it as well. We also both enjoyed shooting BluesBear's .44 specials. Thanks, Bear! We had a lot of fun.

I really want to thank Bear for going out of his way to be the self-appointed organizer of today's events. It worked out really well, and I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that we had a great time!

I know somebody has a picture, hopefully they can post it.As for me, I'm going to get myself a WAC membership!

BluesBear

imported post

Thanks to everyone who attended and helped make it such a fun day. It was great to meet all y'all and I hope we can do it again.

Steve at the BBQ Shack said we (and our handguns) are welcome back anytime.

The next Monroe show is December 1st. Hey, we can do it again if y'all want to. I'll bring moreguns next time.

I really liked the look on Taylor's face after she fired my 2".44 Special and said, "This is FUN." I think she really enjoyed shooting my 6" 629 too. It's people like her that make it all worthwhile. Tell her I'll bring more .44 ammo next time.

Misguided Child

imported post

I had a great time as well, good to put some faces to the nicknames. I can highly recommend the BBQ Shack as a place to eat, save room for dessert!

Video, will you be using your new WAC membership to find Taylor a good carry gun?

One thing I missed was the nicknames of the 3 guys on my side of the table. I was the guy on the bike and I'd bet the guy on my left was phoneguy. who were the other two?

Alan

compmanio365

imported post

I too, had a great time; glad I decided to stick it out to the range after the BBQ Shack; it was good fun. Thanks for a great time guys. Next time I'll have to bring the wife along. :D

gregma

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
One thing I missed was the nicknames of the 3 guys on my side of the table. I was the guy on the bike and I'd bet the guy on my left was phoneguy. who were the other two?
I was to the right of you, my wife was to the right of her, and Just_A_Car was to the right of her.

And what a BLAST!! Next time though, I'm bringing my range bag and going to the range after the dinner (It was 5pm, it was NOT a lunch! :D)

Thanks!
Greg

expvideo

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
Video, will you be using your new WAC membership to find Taylor a good carry gun?
I don't know, like Bear said, she really enjoyed that 2" .44 special, so I might be in the market for a wheel gun :D I thought she was just going to be humoring me, but we both really had a great time!

phoneguy

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
I had a great time as well, good to put some faces to the nicknames. I can highly recommend the BBQ Shack as a place to eat, save room for dessert!

Alan
Yes I was on your left. It was good to meet everyone. Bear was a very good host.

just_a_car

imported post

I do have a picture or two from the BBQ Shack, but I have had minimal internet access and very little time to do much online.

I promise to have what I've got up by the end of the weekend, though.

BluesBear

imported post

ARod wrote:
Bummer I missed it!! DAMN WORK!!!

NO worries, we'll do it again. Soon.

And the next time, I'll be sure to bring more ammo.

If enough people are interested, we could make it a regular thing after every saturday Monroe show. Since I only live eight minutes away from the Monroe fairgrounds, we're already planning a OCDO cookout next spring.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Hey BluesBear,

I have a portable commercial grill, and a good friend who is a butcher. He makes the best Brats I have ever seen or tasted....

Does that give you any ideas?

Jim

just_a_car

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
Hell yes. Now you're talking.

Heck, I grill year round. We just might have to have a first of the year cook-out/eat-in.

Wouldn't it be funny to have a OC tail-gate BBQ in the Monroe gunshow parking lot?...

"Come on over, eat some gruband OC!... We don't require you to disarm!"

phoneguy

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
BluesBear wrote:
Hell yes. Now you're talking.

Heck, I grill year round. We just might have to have a first of the year cook-out/eat-in.

Wouldn't it be funny to have a OC tail-gate BBQ in the Monroe gunshow parking lot?...

"Come on over, eat some gruband OC!... We don't require you to disarm!"
That sounds great. But it is too cold for that right now. When it warms up then it will be a good idea. My rig has a table and chairs etc.