• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at the Battle of Great Bridge Reenactment - 01 Dec - Chesapeake

Thundar

imported post

The annual Battle of Great Bridge reenactment seems to be a very fitting event for open carry.

Details:

Date: Saturday, December 1, 2007
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Start Time: 10:00 am [font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]End Time: 4:00 pm
(Time Zone: US/Eastern)

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Location: Great Bridge Bridge

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Category: Parks & Recreation

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Description

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
Commemorate the victory at Great Bridge on December 9, 1775, with battle re-enactments, character portrayals, demonstrations and displays. This living history event is sponsored by Great Bridge and Chesapeake Chapters National Society Daughters of the American Revolution and Chesapeake Parks and Recreation. 9 am-4 pm both days. This event is free to the public.

Check the LEISURE GUIDE online at http://www.CityofChesapeake.net/parks

[/font][/font][/font][/font]
[/font]
[/font]

TrueBrit

imported post

Thundar wrote:
The annual Battle of Great Bridge reenactment seems to be a very fitting event for open carry.

Details:

Date: Saturday, December 1, 2007
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Start Time: 10:00 am [font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]End Time: 4:00 pm
(Time Zone: US/Eastern)

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Location: Great Bridge Bridge

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Category: Parks & Recreation

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Description

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
Commemorate the victory at Great Bridge on December 9, 1775, with battle re-enactments, character portrayals, demonstrations and displays. This living history event is sponsored by Great Bridge and Chesapeake Chapters National Society Daughters of the American Revolution and Chesapeake Parks and Recreation. 9 am-4 pm both days. This event is free to the public.

Check the LEISURE GUIDE online at http://www.CityofChesapeake.net/parks

[/font][/font][/font][/font]
[/font]
[/font]

I like these old-tymey re-enactments a lot, and, if Dunsmore got his butt kicked, no matter to me!

All just a chapter in that little bit of unpleasantness where the colonial, dissident Brits slung out the Establishment Brits!;)I can understand and empathise, being a dissident Brit myself!

A friend and I, many years ago, hired out a dozen steady fox-hunting horses to our Sealed Knot boys(English Civil War re-enactors, Royalist Cavaliers versus Cromwell's Puritan Ironsides).

All went well, the horses behaved impeccably, until one boy caught a lick with the flat of a sword that was a lot harder than scripted! He got knocked from the saddle, got up, and pulled the other boy from HIS horse! They then proceeded to beat the snot out of each other in great style, while Charlie and I spent a merry hour catching our horses, which had high-tailed it towards home!

Yeah, I like these re-enactments pretty well!Especially when they get realistic, and there is the occasional spot of claret flying!:D

Best wishes,

TrueBrit.

mrguppy

imported post

i might be able to go one of the two days. i think that there is a gun show that me and my ma want to go to on one of those two days. never been to either or so which ever way i go is bound to make a good day.

Thundar

imported post

Anybody else going? Great opportunity to open carry and remember a time when men pledged the lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor. The patriots of the Battle of Great Bridge risked all to free us from tyranny. Seems an appropriate time to exercise our rights.

The Christmas Parade - another great open carry event - starts at 6PM and is only about 4 blocks away. Wouldn't it be great if we could get Santa to wear a guns save lives button?

Thundar

imported post

Great fun at the Reenactment today. Lots and lots of long guns and nobody said anything about evil pistols or muskets. I know, I know, it was a reenactment. The historical context makes you think though, if it was O.K. and even mandated when the constitution was enacted, how can anybody take the gun banners seriously now?