• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in my car

BobbyGun71

imported post

I thought I'd bring it up, Half the time I carry concealed mostly for those cold days i heard that it is not legal for me to open carry in my car, is this really true? I understand that mass is not really an open carry state but I have been doing from 1993 till now in 2007, just not sure who I should belive.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

BobbyGun71 wrote:
I thought I'd bring it up, Half the time I carry concealed mostly for those cold days i heard that it is not legal for me to open carry in my car, is this really true? I understand that mass is not really an open carry state but I have been doing from 1993 till now in 2007, just not sure who I should belive.

If you have an ALP LTC Class A, you can open carry on foot and in your car.

massltca

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
BobbyGun71 wrote:

If you have an ALP LTC Class A, you can open carry on foot and in your car.
You are fine because the legistature never made open carry illegal and there is no case law on the subject.If you have a Class A LTC unrestricted you are good to go.I open carry in my car and while hiking in remote areas. Some jurisdictions within Massachusetts would probably revoke your license if they ever saw you open carrying however.