• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAC

What do you think should be done about WAC's policy about loaded guns at their show?

• Boycott if they do not change this policy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing because they sell things we like.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

amlevin

imported post

Before I vote can anyone tell me if WAC is doing anything different from all the other Gun Shows in the Country?

I would not be in favor of singleing out one gun show if all the others have the same policies. Why not a national effort against ALL the Shows that have a No Loaded Carry policies?

Frankly, some of those patronizing the shows I have been to would scare the crap out of me if they were allowed to have a loaded gun in their possession while at the show. Their handling of Unloaded guns is scary enough.

FogRider

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Before I vote can anyone tell me if WAC is doing anything different from all the other Gun Shows in the Country?

I would not be in favor of singleing out one gun show if all the others have the same policies. Why not a national effort against ALL the Shows that have a No Loaded Carry policies?

Frankly, some of those patronizing the shows I have been to would scare the crap out of me if they were allowed to have a loaded gun in their possession while at the show. Their handling of Unloaded guns is scary enough.
I have been to shows in Nebraska, Colorado and Kansas, and every single one has a no loaded guns rule, and has a station set up at the door to tag and tie all guns. They don't check your person, so you could probably conceal if you are careful about it. The last sow I was at I had my revo, so I stepped into a bathroom stall, cut the tie (I was able to make it look secured) and kept ammo in my pocket. Not the best of situations, but I was able to browse the show.

Threadjack:
Anyone going any shows in the Denver area soon?

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

amlevin wrote:

Here in Indiana, you can carry loaded into some shows, certainly not everyone I have been to, but a couple.

And yes, there are some very unintelligent people when it comes to firearms, last show I was at a guy was showing me a .22 with a scope, pointed it at the entrance of the building where people come in, and told me to take a look, I walked away, granted it is unloaded, but it is just common sense.

A lot of fools out there.

CC27

imported post

We live in Washington so common sense tells me that would be a good place to start. Oh did you know that in Australia they took everybody's guns away, so I guess if they did it here it would be OK because they do it elsewhere.

The amount of spineless, hypocritical people on this site is shocking the hell out of me.

joeroket

imported post

CC27 wrote:
We live in Washington so common sense tells me that would be a good place to start. Oh did you know that in Australia they took everybody's guns away, so I guess if they did it here it would be OK because they do it elsewhere.

The amount of spineless, hypocritical people on this site is shocking the hell out of me.
Holy cow.:shock: This has nothing to do with Australia. He asked if they do it at other gun shows around the nation. Last time I checked Australia was not part of our nation nor or the citizens there guaranteed rights under our constitution..

CC27

imported post

joeroket wrote:
CC27 wrote:

Holy cow.:shock: This has nothing to do with Australia. He asked if they do it at other gun shows around the nation. Last time I checked Australia was not part of our nation nor or the citizens there guaranteed rights under our constitution..

It's just a comparison. Here's another one you might be able to relate to: Should we accept more stringent gun laws inWA as long as they do not exceed those in other states such a NY? My point is why is it OK just because it is the norm across the nation? I understand the confusion about the Australia analogy. We have a opportunity to try to change something instead of just bitching about it and I feel like nobody is on board. It is making me sick that no one realizes the potential impact of the message WAC is giving by having this rule on the books.

CC27

imported post

openryan wrote:
amlevin wrote:

Here in Indiana, you can carry loaded into some shows, certainly not everyone I have been to, but a couple.

And yes, there are some very unintelligent people when it comes to firearms, last show I was at a guy was showing me a .22 with a scope, pointed it at the entrance of the building where people come in, and told me to take a look, I walked away, granted it is unloaded, but it is just common sense.

A lot of fools out there.
Might as well penalize everyone for the stupidity of few, the government does it everyday. Just so everyone is clear this was meant as sarcasm.

joeroket

imported post

CC27 wrote:
joeroket wrote:
CC27 wrote:

It's just a comparison. Here's another one you might be able to relate to: Should we accept more stringent gun laws inWA as long as they do not exceed those in other states such a NY? My point is why is it OK just because it is the norm across the nation? I understand the confusion about the Australia analogy. We have a opportunity to try to change something instead of just bitching about it and I feel like nobody is on board. It is making me sick that no one realizes the potential impact of the message WAC is giving by having this rule on the books.
Now that is understandable. I don't think anyone here would say we should accept more strigent laws because another state has them. I do see your point on sending letters to WAC and boycotting thier shows for thier rule.

Johnny Law

imported post

There have been a.d's at the Puyallup show, and seller was ejected about 2 years ago for putting a round into the concrete floor. We all know he wasn't sopposed to have aloaded gun, but he did and he managed to fire it. More loaded guns will likely result in more a.d.'s as we all love to play "show and tell".

Personally I enjoy guns in general, and like going to the shows. The liberal media loves to get hold of stories of a.d.'s, especially at a gun show, and a.d.'s give them fuel for their fire. I would sorely miss being able to walk the shows and exercise my right to purchase from a private party there if I wish.

CC27

imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
More loaded guns will likely result in more a.d.'s as we all love to play "show and tell".
Are you kidding me? Well we might as well just give up the fight now with this attitude.

Johnny Law

imported post

CC27, Please explain how more loaded gunscould possiblyresult in less a.d.'s. We all want to handle and check out lots of weapons that don't belong to us. How do you know the the seller or the guy handling the particular gun before you didn't slap a loaded mag in it?

You I hope, would immeadiately check it's condition, but Joe average who just picks it up may automatically place his finger on the trigger.

Preston1911

imported post

CC27

I have been a Proud WAC Member for many many years. I have no problem with their member ship rules. If you don't like the rules then don't go to the shows and don't become a member. Please don't judge WAC if you have not been a member in good standing. Many of the members are good friends. Many are active service or retired military. Before you pass judgement I would encourage you to participate, get to know the people. before you know it you will be going to every show.

CC27

imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
CC27, Please explain how more loaded gunscould possiblyresult in less a.d.'s. We all want to handle and check out lots of weapons that don't belong to us. How do you know the the seller or the guy handling the particular gun before you didn't slap a loaded mag in it?

You I hope, would immeadiately check it's condition, but Joe average who just picks it up may automatically place his finger on the trigger.

I'm not talking about guns that are for sale. I'm talking about being able to oc or cc a firearm for personal protection and not have to be disarmed at a gun show.

Man, I bet the anti gun nuts reading this love you.

CC27

imported post

.45 1911 wrote:
CC27

I have been a Proud WAC Member for many many years. I have no problem with their member ship rules. If you don't like the rules then don't go to the shows and don't become a member. Please don't judge WAC if you have not been a member in good standing. Many of the members are good friends. Many are active service or retired military. Before you pass judgement I would encourage you to participate, get to know the people. before you know it you will be going to every show.

I will never belong to such a hypocritical organization. They say they support our right to keep and BEAR arms but disarm you at the front door.

I will in fact become a member if the hypocrisy stops and this rule is changed.

amlevin

imported post

CC27 wrote:
Johnny Law wrote:

I'm not talking about guns that are for sale. I'm talking about being able to oc or cc a firearm for personal protection and not have to be disarmed at a gun show.

It is certainly obvious that you don't like the rule. Are you SURE it is a WAC rule or a rule that has been put on them by their insurance underwriter or the owner of the rental facility (Fairgrounds in the case of Monroe and Puyallup)? To ramble on about boycotting WAC without knowing all the facts is a sign of a bad case of "Cranial Rectal Inversion".

You can't make an effective arguement for change if you don't know where the change needs to be made.

Perhaps someone from WAC can give us some accurate information. Is the rule driven by outside forces (Insurance, Government, Lessor, etc)or is it merely a WAC rule?

CC27, your statement ,"The amount of spineless, hypocritical people on this site is shocking the hell out of me", sure isn't going help you enlist much support on the subject.

CC27

imported post

amlevin wrote:
CC27 wrote:
Johnny Law wrote:

It is certainly obvious that you don't like the rule. Are you SURE it is a WAC rule or a rule that has been put on them by their insurance underwriter or the owner of the rental facility (Fairgrounds in the case of Monroe and Puyallup)? To ramble on about boycotting WAC without knowing all the facts is a sign of a bad case of "Cranial Rectal Inversion".

You can't make an effective arguement for change if you don't know where the change needs to be made.

Perhaps someone from WAC can give us some accurate information. Is the rule driven by outside forces (Insurance, Government, Lessor, etc)or is it merely a WAC rule?

CC27, your statement ,"The amount of spineless, hypocritical people on this site is shocking the hell out of me", sure isn't going help you enlist much support on the subject.

I find it hard to believe that an insurance company can have that much of a impact otherwise it would be a stipulation in more businesses than just those that sell firearms and we would not be aloud to oc or cc at any business. How come WAC gets cut a break from all of you for having this rule when other businesses get slammed for having a similar rule?

As far as my statement, yes it is harsh but I call it as I see it.

CC27

imported post

1. There will be no loaded firearms, magazines, or speedloaders in the building, either on the tables or on one’s person, with the exception of law enforcement and private security officers under contract with WAC

This is rule #1 on WAC's website.

heresolong

imported post

CC27 wrote:
How come WAC gets cut a break from all of you for having this rule when other businesses get slammed for having a similar rule?
How exactly are they getting cut a break? In fact you are holding them to a higher standard than businesses. You are willing to dialogue with the business owners, you are presumably wiling to contact the manager and find out what is going on, yet WAC is subject to all sorts of abuse. Do you have ANY idea why they ban loaded guns? I suggest that you show up at a meeting and ask if it pisses you off enough that you have to slag a bunch of people who you don't know from Adam rather than continue having a reasonable discussion of policy and opinions.

amlevin

imported post

The way I see it, I'm not cutting anyone any slack. I AM asking for enough information to make an informed decision on whether to boycott or not.

I do not know what the reason for the rule is. Do YOU?

I prefer to gather facts and then determine a course of action rather than just putting my mouth and emotions in gear, then wondering how I got where I ended up.

Something tells me that they have a reason for the rule. I would like someone that knows what it is to explain, rather than everyone sitting around and guessing.