Thread: Winter Carry

Post imported post

Now that winter is again coming upon us, I thought I'd spur on a thread about how we OC when coats and all that are a factor. It doesn't need to be a picture thread, but my girlfriend's recently new holster got me thinking about it:

(Pardon the mess - we are grad students, after all!)

Post imported post

Shoulder holster under a coat for me... yeah, it's not OC, but it's fast accessibility-wise, and in any store/restaurant I take off my coat before entering anyways. I get sweaty too easily otherwise.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

I"m going to say I"ll get a holster like your girlfriend has...see if i get that new 1911 for a gift before I buy it though..really does not get that cold in vegas.

State Researcher

Post imported post

This has been discussed in length rather recently:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/5330.html

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    Shoulder holster under a coat for me... yeah, it's not OC, but it's fast accessibility-wise, and in any store/restaurant I take off my coat before entering anyways. I get sweaty too easily otherwise.
    +1 on the shoulder holster in the winter.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I might have to go to that style carry. Not exactly a fashion statement, but at least it permits carry over business clothes. Unfortunately, a belt system does not (for women - belts are either too thin or too lightweight).

Somehow that rig just reminds me of a knee brace. But then, I'm old enough it wouldn't necessarily look inappropriate <grin>.

Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Regular Member dave_in_delaware's Avatar

Post imported post

I just tuck that side of my coat behind myholster, and pull it down around it (front and back). Keeps the gun/holster in the open, and the rest of me still warm. It's worked for me thus far, after OCing about 12 different times this winter.
    Dave
    Co-Founder & Global Moderator
    Delaware Open Carry