• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Winter Carry

denwego

imported post

Now that winter is again coming upon us, I thought I'd spur on a thread about how we OC when coats and all that are a factor. It doesn't need to be a picture thread, but my girlfriend's recently new holster got me thinking about it:

thighholster.jpg

(Pardon the mess - we are grad students, after all!)

unrequited

imported post

Shoulder holster under a coat for me... yeah, it's not OC, but it's fast accessibility-wise, and in any store/restaurant I take off my coat before entering anyways. I get sweaty too easily otherwise.

lordnitrox

imported post

I"m going to say I"ll get a holster like your girlfriend has...see if i get that new 1911 for a gift before I buy it though..really does not get that cold in vegas.

expvideo

imported post

unrequited wrote:
Shoulder holster under a coat for me... yeah, it's not OC, but it's fast accessibility-wise, and in any store/restaurant I take off my coat before entering anyways. I get sweaty too easily otherwise.
+1 on the shoulder holster in the winter.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I might have to go to that style carry. Not exactly a fashion statement, but at least it permits carry over business clothes. Unfortunately, a belt system does not (for women - belts are either too thin or too lightweight).

Somehow that rig just reminds me of a knee brace. But then, I'm old enough it wouldn't necessarily look inappropriate <grin>.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

I just tuck that side of my coat behind myholster, and pull it down around it (front and back). Keeps the gun/holster in the open, and the rest of me still warm. It's worked for me thus far, after OCing about 12 different times this winter.