Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You are going to the Ghetto

State Researcher

Post imported post

Thought this might be fun to see what kinds of answers we get.

Lets say you are going to the ghetto, or bad part of town, maybe to pay a utility bill or something, whatever. You get to take one gun with no spare mags, along with 2 other items that you can fit on your belt.

What are you taking?

Post imported post

"Physician's Desk Reference... ...hollowed out. Inside: waterproof matches, iodine tablets, beet seeds, protein bars, NASA blanket and, in case I get bored, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. No, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban."

Seriously? My trusty Surefire G2 flashlight and Emerson Mini CQC-7 ...it's what I carry besides my firearm every day, going into the ge-hetto wouldn't be any different. (obviously the flashlight's only coming with me if I'm out past dusk)
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

GI Joe with Kung Fu grip
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Compact 1911. What else do I need?

Post imported post

Hmm...

Legal answer: Mossberg 500 Persuader with twelve rounds of 000 buckshot (6 in shotshell carrier on left side of receiver, 5 in magazine, 1 in chamber); audio recorder; KA-BAR Mule folder knife (3.95" blade).

Above-the-law answer: M60E3 w/ as long of a belt as I can carry; bag of stun grenades; KA-BAR full-size fighting knife.

ETA: Take note that neither is my true answer. It would depend on the circumstances of the particular day and area.

Post imported post

Surefire light and my a pack of cigarettes. You'd be surprized how many enounters I've avoided by offering someone that approached me a cigarette. I don't smoke anymore, but I'd still use the cigarette escape trick.

Can you attach better judgement to the belt?

Post imported post

expvideo wrote:
    Surefire light and my a pack of cigarettes. You'd be surprized how many enounters I've avoided by offering someone that approached me a cigarette. I don't smoke anymore, but I'd still use the cigarette escape trick.

Can you attach better judgement to the belt?
    If you could buy better judgement, I'd buy in bulk and hand it out to quite a few people I think need a dose or two......

Seriously though, I'd carry my HP .45 like I always do with my S&W "Xtreme-Ops" knife and my canister of OC. It's what I always carry anyways. All the "ghetto" means to me is that I'm ALWAYS stepped up a notch in awareness.

Post imported post

Menthol cigarettesand a condom (you never know), with a BFG, of course.

-ljp

State Researcher

Post imported post

Only one gun??? well that's not fair, I don't carry just one gun in the good parts of town. I would probably go with the XD 9mm Service model (like 17 rounds right??) pack of Marlboro Reds and my big diamond encrusted letter A necklace on a platinum chain.... gotta keep it real yo....:celebrate

Post imported post

openryan wrote:

Lets say you are going to the ghetto, or bad part of town, maybe to pay a utility bill or something, whatever. You get to take one gun with no spare mags, along with 2 other items that you can fit on your belt.

What are you taking? A Mini14 w/a BETA C drum mag. a short sword with a 20 inch double-adged blade. A wireless PDA to call cops in case all goes bad.

State Researcher

Post imported post

What gun would take in such a situation? I own SW Sigma 9mm that I carry, I almost bought the .40, but 9mm ammo is cheaper, and I do like being able to carry 17 rounds without a second mag. The .45 has great ballistics, but I weighed it against how many rounds I could carry without a spare mag, especially if I am concealing.

Personally, I would take my 9mm, a 13 oz can of 10% OC Spray, and a Taser.

Post imported post

openryan wrote:

What are you taking?
    My 1911 and some tissues to wipe the blood off my shoes.

Post imported post

Surefire E2D and a 21" ASP

State Researcher

Post imported post

hmm I wouldn't bring an evil gun. I would bring my cellphone with 911 on speed dial, a whistle so people will come to help me if I'm attacked, and a condom to offer the rapist so I can help prevent the spread of STDs.

Oh whoops wrong forum...I've been trolling on a sheeple website. Sorry guys!

State Researcher

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    hmm I wouldn't bring an evil gun. I would bring my cellphone with 911 on speed dial, a whistle so people will come to help me if I'm attacked, and a condom to offer the rapist so I can help prevent the spread of STDs.

Oh whoops wrong forum...I've been trolling on a sheeple website. Sorry guys!
    On a side note, you bring up a good point.

If you were being raped, and you claimed you had HIV to the rapist, do you think they would stop?

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    What gun would take in such a situation?* I own SW Sigma 9mm that I carry, I almost bought the .40, but 9mm ammo is cheaper, and I do like being able to carry 17 rounds without a second mag.* The .45 has great ballistics, but I weighed it against how many rounds I could carry without a spare mag, especially if I am concealing.*

The point is that I shouldn't have to USE 17 rounds of ANYTHING to do the job....people are so obsessed with how much ammo they can load into one magazine. 45 caliber has been proven to do the job, without needing 17 rounds to do it. I don't really feel undergunned with my 7 rd 9mm I have on at the moment. If I can't do it in the first 2 or 3, I've got bigger problems.....

State Researcher

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    openryan wrote:
    What gun would take in such a situation? I own SW Sigma 9mm that I carry, I almost bought the .40, but 9mm ammo is cheaper, and I do like being able to carry 17 rounds without a second mag. The .45 has great ballistics, but I weighed it against how many rounds I could carry without a spare mag, especially if I am concealing.

The point is that I shouldn't have to USE 17 rounds of ANYTHING to do the job....people are so obsessed with how much ammo they can load into one magazine. 45 caliber has been proven to do the job, without needing 17 rounds to do it. I don't really feel undergunned with my 7 rd 9mm I have on at the moment. If I can't do it in the first 2 or 3, I've got bigger problems.....
    You are going to the ghetto man, lol.

I see what you are saying. I have only been shooting for a limited amount of time, and I put a value on what I can have ready before reloading, of course you may have great shooting skill, so that is what works for you. I seriously doubt having to land 17 rounds to stop someone or 2 or 3 people.

But to land 3 I might need 5, or to land 10 I might need 17...
    Depends on lighting, movement, all that stuff.

Post imported post

An envelope and a stamp, so I can drop my payment in the mailbox, therefore not having to go into the ghetto.

But other than that, cigs and my cellphone fo sho.

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    Hmm...

Legal answer: Mossberg 500 Persuader with twelve rounds of 000 buckshot (6 in shotshell carrier on left side of receiver, 5 in magazine, 1 in chamber); audio recorder; KA-BAR Mule folder knife (3.95" blade).

Above-the-law answer: M60E3 w/ as long of a belt as I can carry; bag of stun grenades; KA-BAR full-size fighting knife.

ETA: Take note that neither is my true answer. It would depend on the circumstances of the particular day and area.
    Imp has a good handle on this job, methinks, and I may have mentioned before, when discoursing with our comrade Legba about the Cincinnatti ghetto,that a shotgun would be a must!

Mossberg 500, ammo as stated above, for sure, and maybe a "glock FO-TAY, to fit in with the general ambiance of this wondrous place, and its denizens!

Well done, imp, a very sound plan, mate!

Best wishes,

TrueBrit.

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    openryan wrote:

You know I've been in a situation in "the ghetto" that almost resulted in shots fired, and in that case I actually had a 7 rd magazine in my .45 sig P220, and a spare 7 rd mag (At the time I was confident that 7 rounds of .45 could accomplish nearly any task). The perp in question had a Mac 11 in what looked like 9mm, and his 5 buddies didn't have anything drawn, but looked like they probably had weapons. The range was somewhere between 15 and 25 yards, just the point where I'm going to be doubting that I have the skill to landthe headshot I'm going to need to drop this guy before he has a chance to use the automatic weapon that was pointed at a crowd of clubbers. The situation ended without shots fired, fortunately, but I had a pretty big lack of confidence in what I used to think was all I needed.

I felt under gunned. I now carry a 9mm sig with 15+1 in the gun and 2 spare mags, if I'm going anywhere I'm even slightly worried about. Now I'm not saying that this is the only way to go, and by all means 7 rds is enough if you know what you're doing. I'm just giving you one experience to hopefully let you see things from a different perspective as well.

Post imported post

Probably an AK with 100 round drum, and 2 grenades...

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    You get to take one gun with no spare mags
    I'm not going, I *always* carry two spare mags on me :P

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    You get to take one gun with no spare mags, along with 2 other items that you can fit on your belt.

What are you taking?
    The mags wouldn't do me any good anyway. I would take a revolver.

The other two things I'dtake would be acell phone and some common sense.

Post imported post

One XD .45 Tactical with 13 +1 rounds,

One Small Fry 1,000,000 volt stun gun

One 3in. folding colt tactical knife.

Also on my keychain, aRed Pepper Spray/ Mace that I dontthink should count against the total.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast