• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You are going to the Ghetto

Marco

imported post

smile_zipit.gif

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

openryan wrote:
You get to take one gun with no spare mags, along with 2 other items that you can fit on your belt.

What are you taking?

The mags wouldn't do me any good anyway. I would take a revolver.

The other two things I'dtake would be acell phone and some common sense.

gator

imported post

One XD .45 Tactical with 13 +1 rounds,

One Small Fry 1,000,000 volt stun gun

One 3in. folding colt tactical knife.

Also on my keychain, aRed Pepper Spray/ Mace that I dontthink should count against the total.

VApatriot

imported post

Since we're talking about going into a Ghetto, I assume there will be quite a few Nazi soldiers around. So, I would bring my SA 1911, my brothers SA SOCOM 16 (M1A) and a Thompson M1 SMG. :monkey

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

expvideo wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
openryan wrote:
What gun would take in such a situation? I own SW Sigma 9mm that I carry, I almost bought the .40, but 9mm ammo is cheaper, and I do like being able to carry 17 rounds without a second mag. The .45 has great ballistics, but I weighed it against how many rounds I could carry without a spare mag, especially if I am concealing.

Personally, I would take my 9mm, a 13 oz can of 10% OC Spray, and a Taser.

The point is that I shouldn't have to USE 17 rounds of ANYTHING to do the job....people are so obsessed with how much ammo they can load into one magazine. 45 caliber has been proven to do the job, without needing 17 rounds to do it. I don't really feel undergunned with my 7 rd 9mm I have on at the moment. If I can't do it in the first 2 or 3, I've got bigger problems.....

You know I've been in a situation in "the ghetto" that almost resulted in shots fired, and in that case I actually had a 7 rd magazine in my .45 sig P220, and a spare 7 rd mag (At the time I was confident that 7 rounds of .45 could accomplish nearly any task). The perp in question had a Mac 11 in what looked like 9mm, and his 5 buddies didn't have anything drawn, but looked like they probably had weapons. The range was somewhere between 15 and 25 yards, just the point where I'm going to be doubting that I have the skill to landthe headshot I'm going to need to drop this guy before he has a chance to use the automatic weapon that was pointed at a crowd of clubbers. The situation ended without shots fired, fortunately, but I had a pretty big lack of confidence in what I used to think was all I needed.

I felt under gunned. I now carry a 9mm sig with 15+1 in the gun and 2 spare mags, if I'm going anywhere I'm even slightly worried about. Now I'm not saying that this is the only way to go, and by all means 7 rds is enough if you know what you're doing. I'm just giving you one experience to hopefully let you see things from a different perspective as well.
I agree, some people have great skill, and can get away from a situation with 7 rounds or less. I just know that it would not be out of the ordinary for me or someone else in a given situation to panic, as I am not combat trained like some people on the board. Due to this, I want as many shots as possible. I rarely carry a 2nd mag, only If I am going hiking, or if my daily OC holster allows, but usually it is a paddle, and I dont feel like carrying extra mags, I would hope to get away in 17 rounds.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
openryan wrote:
You get to take one gun with no spare mags, along with 2 other items that you can fit on your belt.

What are you taking?

Hank you are going to get yourself killed in this hypothetical ghetto I have created.:p

imperialism2024

imported post

openryan wrote:
HankT wrote:
openryan wrote:

What are you taking?

Hank you are going to get yourself killed in this hypothetical ghetto I have created.:p

Eh, in yet another rare instance, I'm in agreement with HankT. I'm a revolver fan. Maybe it's because I grew up with revolvers, but I don't particularly like semi-autos.

Anyhow, carrying a New York reload (i.e. two revolvers) would provide a good 12 shots. And the way I like my guns, those would be 12x .44 magnum shots... No need for double-taps there.

:celebrate

Mjolnir

imported post

14.5 inch Saber Defence AR15 with a 100 round Beta C mag
Sig 229 9mm
Strider Folding knife

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Maybe it would be fun to get all of the posters on this thread together, complete with all the aforementioned gear and do an OC walk, maybe through D.C.? :p

Sitrep

imported post

HankT, where would you get common sense.:)

If you tell your rapist that you have HIV, his response would most likely be, "who doesn't."

The first step in surviving a gunfight, is not getting into a gunfight. I think that applies well to surviving in the ghetto too.

Can I bring a car, that would be my first choice, keep my ghetto time to a minimum and improve my escape ability.

How about, a cell phone, so the cops might find my corpse quickly, and lots of bling so I look local.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I would bring my wheelgun (a .357) a good can of OC or Mace, and my celly yo.

Why the wheelgun? If I don't have a reload, I want the most potent load. Also having lived in a ghetto part of Seattle, I am confident that the wheelgun would do the job for me, especially in daylight. If it is nighttime we are talking about.... well I'm going to bring my P89, my buck knife, and a debit card to get a hotel room for the night and order a pizza.

expvideo

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
14.5 inch Saber Defence AR15 with a 100 round Beta C mag
Sig 229 9mm
Strider Folding knife

Come on guys, are you all that seriously affraid of bad neighborhoods? It's the ghetto, not Iraq. You guys are starting to sound like you all live in sheltered upper-middle class neighborhoods, and to venture out and mix with the masses will require you to act like your some blackwater operative in Iraq. For Christ's sake, people. Grow up. If I'm going to a bad neighborhood, I carry the same stuff I carry anywhere else, because a handgun with 15+ rounds and reloads (or even without reloads) is enough. In the absolute worst case, if I feel that worried about my safety and can't get out of going to the ghetto, I'll wear my vest under my shirt, but to think that bringing a tactical rifle with 100 rounds and a combat knife would be necessary....

I've seen some wild and crazy sh** in bad neighborhoods, and even the most I've ever felt that I need is my pistol and good judgement. maybe, maybe a vest from time to time. Acting like you need a 14.5 inch Saber Defence AR15 with a 100 round Beta C mag only makes it sound as if you have no idea what you are talking about and have never been out of your sheltered neighborhood. It's not Mogadishu. It's just the ghetto. People aren't going to be running around the streets firing aks and RPGs in your direction just because you're not wearing a jersey and cornrows.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

expvideo wrote:
Come on guys, are you all that seriously affraid of bad neighborhoods? It's the ghetto, not Iraq. You guys are starting to sound like you all live in sheltered upper-middle class neighborhoods, and to venture out and mix with the masses will require you to act like your some blackwater operative in Iraq. For Christ's sake, people. Grow up. If I'm going to a bad neighborhood, I carry the same stuff I carry anywhere else, because a handgun with 15+ rounds and reloads (or even without reloads) is enough. In the absolute worst case, if I feel that worried about my safety and can't get out of going to the ghetto, I'll wear my vest under my shirt, but to think that bringing a tactical rifle with 100 rounds and a combat knife would be necessary....

I've seen some wild and crazy sh** in bad neighborhoods, and even the most I've ever felt that I need is my pistol and good judgement. maybe, maybe a vest from time to time. Acting like you need a 14.5 inch Saber Defence AR15 with a 100 round Beta C mag only makes it sound as if you have no idea what you are talking about and have never been out of your sheltered neighborhood. It's not Mogadishu. It's just the ghetto.
But all those people there...they are, well, you know, they're...

And we are...well, you know, we're .....um... not what .....they are....

And they don't like us....because we're....ummm, they're still mad over stuff that happened ......a long time ago....

Some people just don't forget...yes, that's it. It's a proven fact that some people just don't forget. Maybe two beta mags would be better...:uhoh:

molonlabetn

imported post

Umm... I'd carry one of the pistols which I alwas do (XD-357, M&P-357 or Sig P239 .357sig). And, I'd take my cell-phone & wallet.

I wouldn't go somewhere looking for trouble, armed to the teeth... If I had to go somewhere as dangerous as some are implying, I'd have to have a good reason. But, I wouldn't act as if I'mgoing into a war-zone.

Jersey Ron

imported post

Wow! When I read "stuff" like this I usually take the high road and just laugh sarcastically but this one I can't just "let go". Now I know I'm going to get scolded by the Moderator or maybe even permanently disbarred, well... because I'm one of "them". And being one of "them" and a Hampton University graduate I do know that "we" have some very, very, serious problems in the ghetto and it can be attributed to "our" own faults and habits.

Is there some truth to the fact that a certain event in historygives reasoning to many of"our" problems? Yes! But do I use this to blame "our" problems today? No! Not all of "us" in the ghetto wear corn rolls, dreads, have gold teeth and pack AK 47's. Most actually don't want to be there and actually do try to get out of the ghetto. Many have been murdered being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I could go on and on and on about life in the ghetto that would shed a different light as I was born in the ghetto but LUCKILY I had had grand parents that were well off and took me away from the ghetto and gave me something that MOST ghetto people don't have. Opportunity and hope!

Now to what most of "you" don't know or don't want to realize! And this is directly for my Anglo Saxon brothers who feel such animosity towards, well...."them/me". Before I begin with this topic that NOBODY wants to touch, I came across a website called "Amren.com". It's a website where my Anglo Saxon brothers get to complain about "me" and how "I'm" the problem in America and how "I" should be sent back to Africa and how this is an Anglo Saxon country and blah, blah, blah. The topics were very similar in substance to this particular topic being discussed here, now.

Here I go! For starters Anglo Saxons don't own this country anymore and haven't for a long, long time. Just ask Abe Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, Henry Ford, Charles Linbergh, Andrew Jackosn, James Garfiled andmany, manyother Anglo Saxon brothers who dared to SPEAK THE TRUTH. "You" don't own the media (ABC, NBC, CBS or Fox). You don't own ANY major newspaper, publishing firms, radio stationsor Hollywood. Therefore practically EVERYTHING you hear, read and see is "fed" to you by, let's just call them "liberals", for arguments sake. The "liberals" dominate the pharmaceutical industry, the law industry, the health care industry and ESPECIALLY THE ABORTION INDUSTRY. Let's see! The "liberals" only make up 4% of the population but make up 40% of congress, they completely run the Justice Department and even have groups like the ADL now training police departments nationwide!! But wait, here's the kicker!! They COMPLETELY own the Federal Reserve which is a PRIVATELY OWNED, MADE FOR PROFIT INSTITUTE, created in 1913 by Mr. Paul Warburg. The IRS is under the FED,and itshould stand for Israel Runs Sh*t! But that's another topic.

So in closing, the next time you go to the ghetto understand just one thing. "They" are victims in this giant puzzle just like you! It reminds me of September 10th 2001, when a certain "liberal" stood in front of the country and told us that he lost 2 trillion dollars. Well we all know what happened the next day, so he was off the hook. 2 trillion dollars!!!!!!And "you're" up here complaining about some stupid ass ghetto!

Too funny!

Jersey

PS - And it's these same "Liberals" who are gun grabbing ALL OVER THE WORLD!!

expvideo

imported post

Jersey Ron, no one has made any racial generalizations except for you. The ghetto is not filled with one race, there are several races. In fact, if you really get down to it, I am just assuming that you are black, since the ghetto is filled with all kinds of minorities and yes, even white people. When I said "cornrows", I wasn't making a racial generalization, since I've met plenty of wannabe thugs that were more pale white than me and had cornrows.

The only person here throwing around racial stereotypes is you. If you think because my ancestors weren't respectful to your ancestors that I'm going to sit back and accept you insulting "my" people and act like that's ok, you've got another thing coming. Prejudice works both ways, and if you want to group us all in with some white-power board you happened to stumble across, as if we're all out to rid the country of the black man, then don't be surprized if I take offense to being thrown in with that stereotype. You say that "your people" aren't all running around with ak47s, gold teeth, and cornrows. Well you know what? "My" people aren't all hiding a white hood in their closet.

You think just because someone you never met lived through slavery under someone I never met, that it gives you some right to mouth off on some racist rant and I have to sit here and take it. You know what, my ancestors were Irish on my fathers side, and German on my mother's. My mother's side fled the Nazis, and my father's side has been here since the beginning of this country. What do you think life was like for Irish imigrants in early America? Or do you only listen to the parts of history that apply to "your" people? At least your masters put a roof over your head and food in your stomachs, while "my" people starved in the gutters and were discriminated against.

You're a racist, and you need help. Either you don't understand history, or you just pick and choose what serves you best. And one more thing. Black people didn't free the slaves, my white ancestors did. We paid a pretty big price for your freedom, and you just rub in our faces this past that YOUR people started. Where did slavery come from? Africa, maybe? Do you think we were out netting black people in the jungle? No, we were buying them from other black people. At least at first.

Don't paint us all with some KKK brush. Nobody said ANYTHING about race, and you decided to chime in about how horrible the white man is. You make me sick.