• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why Carry Open

massltca

imported post

Hillbillly wrote:
I don't have to cause trouble you people cause it on your own and show
me just how immature you really are by you childish comments...I just hope that you are more mature when it comes to your firearm safety ...if you found my comments to be rude then how do you handle the people that don't think you should carry open...one thing that can make or break your attemp to get people to understand is attitude and also might be why some of you have encountered a bad experince with open carry ( YOUR ATTITUDE )
You claim to support the second amendment butyou say people that open carry are macho and irresponsible. If you really supported gun rights you would support all forms of gun carry as long as it was done in a safe and responsible manner. I think you are just on here to cause trouble and try and promote your anti-gun agenda. People that carry guns do it to protect themselves and their families not to be macho. If you are carrying to be macho you are headed for trouble. Carrying openly is a good way to educate the public that good people carry guns for good reasons. If you want a rational debate then welcome, if not then, what the hell are you doing here?

sccrref

imported post

Hillbillly wrote:
HI All....Now see that is just what I am talking about...you want people to understand your right to open carry ( I can see that ) but to treat people like you have myself is not going to win anyone over if anything it will want people to try to shut down your right ( I one feel that you do have the right to open carry ) ya just need to try to do it in a different way ...the way is not to ignore or put down the people that don't agree with you but to have a kind and gentle way of explaning it to them so that they might understand ....would any of you like a second chance ? or are all of you just the same THINK ABOUT IT
How about this. I have a right to OC. I do not needa permit or anything else to legally OC. You on the otherhand, need the permission of the state to legally CC. Step into the light. The ways of the Dark side are strong. OC and the force will be strong with you. :idea:

Phssthpok

imported post

Hillbillly wrote:
HI All....Now see that is just what I am talking about...you want people to understand your right to open carry ( I can see that ) but to treat people like you have myself is not going to win anyone over if anything it will want people to try to shut down your right ( I one feel that you do have the right to open carry ) ya just need to try to do it in a different way ...the way is not to ignore or put down the people that don't agree with you but to have a kind and gentle way of explaning it to them so that they might understand ....would any of you like a second chance ? or are all of you just the same THINK ABOUT IT :question:
I'm a little late to this discussion, so this may have already been covered, but..umm....

Pot....kettle....black.:uhoh:

BluesBear

imported post

For those just joining us today for this installment of Stupid People Posts, here are the facts so far;

We have a person who's very first posting is to open a thread and insult everyone who open carries. He regurgitates that tired old "you'll get shot first" fairy tale that's been debunked more often that Paris Hilton has been deflowered. Then he proceeds to brag about his hollow points.It's rather obvious he didn't do any research by reading any previous threads in order to learn what this forum is really all about. He just started assuming. And yes he did make an ass of himself in front of you and me.And it's fer dang sure he didn't notice the speel cheeker key up above.

His second posting was in another thread where he affirms that he is qualified enough to carry a Glock 40. :?

In his follow up post,he is insulted by the replies of the good people he originally insulted? He can boast "grow up or cover up" but is taken aback when the reply is "shutup or get out"? - As far as the right to free speech.. New flash for ya Sparkey, you have no such right on a privately owned errornet forum. The owner and the owner's staff have complete control over what is and is not allowed to be said. The simple fact that your original post has lasted this long says volumes about how open minded and fair they are. So far you have been allowed to say anything you please,but unlike politicians, everyone here must stand responsible for everything they say. If you can't stand the heat get out of our kitchen.

Then in his fourth post he states, "I one feel that you do have the right to open carry" If he feels that way then why did he come in here with his mouth a blazing? His back pedaling starts in this post.

His 5th post is a double tap of his 4th. His spelling has improved but he's lost the period key.

In his 6th post he once again bristles a bit and is upset with our attitude while still not apologizing for his opening attack. While busy backpedaling he still has thenerve to comment "I just hope that you are more mature when it comes to your firearm safety" after saying in his first post "the only time ya will see my gun is when ya see the muzzle flash and feel the hollow point hit you". Geesh talk about macho posturing. (We really need a barf emoticon here)

The 7th post is a real corker, he says "I agree Ignorance is not an excuse ...but to lower yourself to my level dosn't help me understand" Well at least he knows his own level.Ignorance is no excuse butit'shis only defense. He admits he was rude and almost apologizes. Then he asks "ever had one of those days"? WTF??? :shock:You mean have I ever had one of those days where I joined a forum and immediately began attacking it's very foundation and tossedblanket insults over everyone there? :cuss:NO I have not.Only an idiot or a troll does that. (and itIS possible to be both)It usually takes me at least a year and a halfto insult that many people.

He starts his 8th post with "OCing is something I will have to think about more and get more info on ( from all of you )" Hells Bells™ Hillsilly (to refer to him as Hillbilly would be insulting to all of us who were actually born ashillbillies) if you'd kept your mouth shut and read a little bit of this forum you'd already be ahead of the curve and could have perhaps made a few friends with your first post. Instead you pissed everyone off right out of the gate. Remember you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

As we all anxiously await post number 9 from HillBooby we wonder who he will be today.After reading all of his posts it's becoming plain to see that it's either more than one person or he has a multiple person disorder. Perhaps we should call him HillSybil?

gregma

imported post

BluesBear wrote:

As we all anxiously await post number 9 from HillBooby we wonder who he will be today.After reading all of his posts it's becoming plain to see that it's either more than one person or he has a multiple person disorder. Perhaps we should call him HillSybil?

I can JUST see him, sitting in his cruiser, laughing his heinie off that he has everyone on here actually arguing with him. Then sharing it with all the others on his shift.

expvideo

imported post

Hillbillly wrote:
Well Campmanio....are you not infringing on my right of freedom of speech ...do you like it when someone does that about your gun rights...and yes I might not be able to spell so what....Now if everone on your OC site is as UPTIGHTand INSULTING as you I don't think I want to even try to understand what you are all about ( let a lone support ya )

Your first post made that clear. You had no intention from the beginning of trying to understand what we were about.

I do it from time to time to remind people that we live in a free country, and I like to think that when people see me acting completely normal andfriendlywhile wearing a gun, they might re-evaluate their negative opinions of gun owners.

But mostly, I OC from time to time to deter criminals from attacking me and my fiancee. I'd rather them pick another target, because at the end of the day I don't really want to have to shoot anybody.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Well Mr Billy, I would rather bring you up to our level than what you suggest. Now, to answer your question...............

I will give you the same answer I give a cop when they ask me why I carry a gun (open)

Because I want to go home at the end of the shift.

Jim

tarzan1888

imported post

Hillbillly wrote:
I agree Ignorance is not an excuse ...but to lower yourself to my level dosn't help me understand ......

Hillbilly;

We are trained to meat opposition in the manner it is presented. We don't draw and fire, when someone approaches to talk, but when some one comes out shooting, we shoot back.

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but this forum is not here for YOU. It is not our job to help YOU understand or to answer any of YOUR questions.

This is a place for those who want to exercise their rights and carry openly, to share information and experience with others of similar interests.

It was obvious from your first post that you came to share nothing and the only right you wanted to exercise was the right to open your big mouth.

When your received in kind what you handed out, you cried foul and want us to understand you and your problems.

This is a typical liberal ploy and we just don't buy it.

I don't know who you are or why you came here, but if someone comes to my house with guns drawn I will quickly descend to his level and blow him away.

You are sorry that you got blown away, not that you came here with guns blazing.

My earlier posts contained a lot of tongue in cheek, BUT this post is strictly on point.

Tarzan

Hillbillly

imported post

UTOC-45-44

I agree Ignorance is not an excuse ...but to lower yourself to my level dosn't help me understand ...I chose to go CC at all times right now but if someone was to maybe explane the OC thing to me and what it might gain me it might help....my first post might have been a little off the wall ( hell down right RUDE ) I am sorry for that ...ever had one of those days... I know I shouldn't have took it out on the people on here
Sorry

Hey Hillbillly...the good thing is we are still discussing. Apology accepted ?? Sure !!!:D. We don't have any hard feelings on this Forum. It's just that I guess we are a little bit........sensitive when a person was as strong as you were in your 1st post.

We are here to share our experinces and OUR RIGHTS,yours mine and everbody else's.

I can understand why You CC and I did that til I understood that I don't HAVE TO do that. I COMPLETELY respect your feelings that you want toCC. But believe me that the when the day happens ( and it will:lol:), that it's the MOST BEAUTIFUL dayout there and you will say -"Screw jacket, vest, sweaters or whatever I will OC today" it feels great. Just "Study" up on the Laws and Codes, ask us here and we can andwill help the to best that we can. But please remember....we are not Lawyers but we have a TON of experience. Just ask danbus:lol:. He is THE OC activist:lol:

If you are in Utah we will have a OpenCarryDotOrg/UtahConcealedCarryDotCom dinner in Layton, Utah @ Golden Corral @ 2Pm.

No worries. We will ALL share opinoins and experinces that we all MAY or MAY NOT agree with and that's your RIGHT and our Right.

Keep up the smile and chime in and "hang" with us here.

Welcome by the way.

tarzan1888

imported post

Hillbillly wrote:
UTOC-45-44

I agree Ignorance is not an excuse ...but to lower yourself to my level dosn't help me understand ...I chose to go CC at all times right now but if someone was to maybe explane the OC thing to me and what it might gain me it might help....my first post might have been a little off the wall ( hell down right RUDE ) I am sorry for that ...ever had one of those days... I know I shouldn't have took it out on the people on here
Sorry

Hey Hillbillly...the good thing is we are still discussing. Apology accepted ?? Sure !!!:D. We don't have any hard feelings on this Forum. It's just that I guess we are a little bit........sensitive when a person was as strong as you were in your 1st post.

We are here to share our experinces and OUR RIGHTS,yours mine and everbody else's.

I can understand why You CC and I did that til I understood that I don't HAVE TO do that. I COMPLETELY respect your feelings that you want toCC. But believe me that the when the day happens ( and it will:lol:), that it's the MOST BEAUTIFUL dayout there and you will say -"Screw jacket, vest, sweaters or whatever I will OC today" it feels great. Just "Study" up on the Laws and Codes, ask us here and we can andwill help the to best that we can. But please remember....we are not Lawyers but we have a TON of experience. Just ask danbus:lol:. He is THE OC activist:lol:

If you are in Utah we will have a OpenCarryDotOrg/UtahConcealedCarryDotCom dinner in Layton, Utah @ Golden Corral @ 2Pm.

No worries. We will ALL share opinoins and experinces that we all MAY or MAY NOT agree with and that's your RIGHT and our Right.

Keep up the smile and chime in and "hang" with us here.

Welcome by the way.

In this life you will find people treat you as you treat them.

Come as a friend, you will find a friend.

In that regard;

Welcome

Tarzan

Hef

imported post

Hillbillly wrote:
Hi all...What I want to know is why carry open if you have a perment ...do you think it makes you a maco man or somthing or are ya just trouble makers...ya talk about being able to protect yourself and family well let me tell you that if I was going to rob or do some other thing I would look around and see who was my greatest threat....that would be the guy with the gun on his hip and boom you go first....I believe in the second ammendment and I do carry but the only time ya will see my gun is when ya see the muzzle flash and feel the hollow point hit you ...GROW UP AND COVER UP

You seem to have some anger issues and an inferiority complex. What are you so angry about? Do you really think somebody as unstable as yourself ought to be carrying a firearm? Are you currently on medication and/or receiving counseling?

People like you are scary, especially when they threaten others on the internet. Man, sooo scary. I think I'll go make sure the doors and windows are locked up good - wouldn't want an e-tough guy getting in my house.

:quirky

B.R.A.S.S.

imported post

interesting topic. having said that I do have to agree with the hillbilly on one small aspect:shock: He mentioned something to the effect that if we couldn't handle someone who agreed with us, how could we deal with the general public with out getting aggressive. Well---Short story, bear with me it has a happy ending--A couple months ago I was at a friesian Keuring (sp) it is when the horses are judged for breeding purposes. there was a gentleman there who was OCing. I mentioned it to him: the conversation went something like this. me, your packing. he, it's not against the law. me, it's covered partly by your jacket, that could be considered Concealed and it's not. he, I have a permit, what's it to you? me, dude I'm on your side I'm just saying.., he Opencarry.org. me, what. he opencarry.org go to that web site. "At that we both went back to watching the horses. To me his attitude did seem decidedly defensive and a tad aggressive. might have just been me or he might have thought I was the aggressor. in any case it led me to this site, which I have obviously joined. but had I not been sympathetic I might thought him to be kinda of a jerk. So in that aspect hillbilly is partly right-please hillbilly don't consider me an ally you lost me with your first post.
Oh, and dude if you are reading this- have you sent two horses to french creek?

G27

imported post

BRASS,

I am sorry that is how your first encounter went with one of our members. It is good to see that you joined up anyway and want to learn and find out what all the rage is. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We are here to help and inform.

tarzan1888

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
:question:So why did HillSybilly quote UTOC's entitre post and NOT make any sort of comment? :question:

I wondered that too and then took it as an olive branch.

Tarzan

PS HillSybilly if very funny;
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

carhas0

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
:question:So why did HillSybilly quote UTOC's entitre post and NOT make any sort of comment? :question:

I think his comment was the "SORRY" under the first "sub-quote."