Thread: Qwest Field rules

Post imported post

Hey folks educate me on Qwest Fields rules please, firearms strictly prohibited.

Post imported post

They have the ability to do it because they are not "operated" by a govt. entity. The key word in 9.41.300 is operated.

(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality......

If qwest field was operated by a municipality then there is an exemption for people with a CPL.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Yes, but otoh it means if you try to enter with a concealed pistol (or even succeed at doing so), you haven't committed a crime--the most they can do is ask you to leave.

(Nope, I haven't tried this, don't recommend it, etc. etc.)

Post imported post

Since it is a portion of our tax dollars that funded the necessary bonds to get Qwest and Safeco built it should be forced to operate under the same rules as any other municipal stadium.

Post imported post

I agree 100% BluesBear, but until they replace the word operated with owned then we are SOL.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

kparker wrote:
    Yes, but otoh it means if you try to enter with a concealed pistol (or even succeed at doing so), you haven't committed a crime--the most they can do is ask you to leave.

(Nope, I haven't tried this, don't recommend it, etc. etc.)
    Funny but this very topic was the subject of discussion this afternoon with an Attorney I recently met. He said that the "policy" states that SPD will Arrest anyone who attempts to enter with a weapon. He didn't say whether this was from the Stadium Operator of SPD but he was clear that anyone carrying would be arrested. He did say that it was only a trespass violation if one refused to leave but that SPD had a firm position that they would Arrest anyone who attempted to enter with a weapon. This has not been tested in court yet as apparently nobody has been arrested. Apparently there aren't a lot of people that want to step up and be test cases.

On a separate yet related note, can anyone remember a Police Chief in Seattle that WAS NOT an A-hole?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

You could easily carry into Qwest Field. Everytime I go through it's just a pat of the chest. They have never patted my waistnor my ankles. I am a season ticket holder and wouldn't want to be banned from the place so I haven't tried it and won't.

Post imported post

G27 wrote:
    You could easily carry into Qwest Field. Everytime I go through it's just a pat of the chest. They have never patted my waistnor my ankles. I am a season ticket holder and wouldn't want to be banned from the place so I haven't tried it and won't.
    Whoa; they actually pat you down when entering? :shock: That's ridiculous. I've never been frisked when entering Safeco Field for a Mariners game. Qwest Field will never see my business if that's how they do things.

Post imported post

Went to the Seattle/49er's game yesterday. What a slaughter. It was a 100% pat down before entering. Hold your arms out to your side. Check your arms, check your arm pits down to your waist, and check your coat pockets. I would not have been able to carry a concealed hip holstered weapon. FYI Only.