• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Qwest Field rules

joeroket

imported post

They have the ability to do it because they are not "operated" by a govt. entity. The key word in 9.41.300 is operated.

(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality......

If qwest field was operated by a municipality then there is an exemption for people with a CPL.

kparker

imported post

Yes, but otoh it means if you try to enter with a concealed pistol (or even succeed at doing so), you haven't committed a crime--the most they can do is ask you to leave.

(Nope, I haven't tried this, don't recommend it, etc. etc.)

BluesBear

imported post

Since it is a portion of our tax dollars that funded the necessary bonds to get Qwest and Safeco built it should be forced to operate under the same rules as any other municipal stadium.

amlevin

imported post

kparker wrote:
Yes, but otoh it means if you try to enter with a concealed pistol (or even succeed at doing so), you haven't committed a crime--the most they can do is ask you to leave.

(Nope, I haven't tried this, don't recommend it, etc. etc.)

Funny but this very topic was the subject of discussion this afternoon with an Attorney I recently met. He said that the "policy" states that SPD will Arrest anyone who attempts to enter with a weapon. He didn't say whether this was from the Stadium Operator of SPD but he was clear that anyone carrying would be arrested. He did say that it was only a trespass violation if one refused to leave but that SPD had a firm position that they would Arrest anyone who attempted to enter with a weapon. This has not been tested in court yet as apparently nobody has been arrested. Apparently there aren't a lot of people that want to step up and be test cases.

On a separate yet related note, can anyone remember a Police Chief in Seattle that WAS NOT an A-hole?

G27

imported post

You could easily carry into Qwest Field. Everytime I go through it's just a pat of the chest. They have never patted my waistnor my ankles. I am a season ticket holder and wouldn't want to be banned from the place so I haven't tried it and won't.

Stealth Potato

imported post

G27 wrote:
You could easily carry into Qwest Field. Everytime I go through it's just a pat of the chest. They have never patted my waistnor my ankles. I am a season ticket holder and wouldn't want to be banned from the place so I haven't tried it and won't.
Whoa; they actually pat you down when entering? :shock: That's ridiculous. I've never been frisked when entering Safeco Field for a Mariners game. Qwest Field will never see my business if that's how they do things.

Preston1911

imported post

Went to the Seattle/49er's game yesterday. What a slaughter. It was a 100% pat down before entering. Hold your arms out to your side. Check your arms, check your arm pits down to your waist, and check your coat pockets. I would not have been able to carry a concealed hip holstered weapon. FYI Only.