• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

my oc rig

metricinch

imported post

Safariland SSIII model 70 in plain finish.

Safariland model 77 double magazine pouch in plain finish

Safariland Border Patrol belt in plain finish.

Safariland model 65 belt keepers.

oc1.jpg

oc2.jpg

oc3.jpg

Marco

imported post

JMHO:
You might want to move you knife to your large(regular)pocket, it doesn't look like you can reach it or it would be slow.

From my experience flap mag pouches should be worn parallel with the belt.
You pull the mag out towardsthe rear with ammo facing (tip/HP) up.

There are a couple of excellent training videos showing this technique, I have one if someone wants to borrow it.
PM me and we can make arrangements

metricinch

imported post

Yeah the knife would be a bit slow to deploy, but my BUG is in the right front pocket. As for the mag pouch, I had considered that, but I have been carrying my mags base upammunition forward for YEARS. Frankly I don't want to have to retrain the muscle memory. Thanks for the offer on the vid though!

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

I agree on the xtra mags. Base up... bullet forward. I just wonder why you have flaps on the xtra mags? :?

metricinch

imported post

openryan wrote:
What are you packing as a BUG?
Beretta 21a in .25 acp. It lives in a Galco pocket holster and it is ALWAYS in my pocket....always.

SP101 wrote:
I spy a Surefire E2D in your lower thigh pocket.:) I am a Surefire fan myself.

That's a big 10-4 on that one. Strike Bezel's are sweet! I have yet to find a holster for it that I like.