Thread: Cellphone gun

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1mIFaIKxs

If you buy one from a private seller (and I don't even think they've made their way across the pond from Europe yet), does the fact that the gun doesn't look like a gun mean you still have to fill out papers for it and such? What if you made your own? (not that I could do such a thing...I just think it's nice to know the law about this stuff).

Post imported post

A gun is a gun regardless of what it looks like, so you would need to fill out the same paperwork as any other handgun. Also, because it does not look like a gun, it would always be concealed, even if you can see it. For some reason I can't seem to find the definition of "concealed handgun", so no citations. From memory is is "concealed from view, or disguising it's true nature". The part in bold basically says if it doesn't look like a firearm, it is a concealed weapon.

Disclaimer:
    I am not a lawyer, but I am fairly certain this is all true.

Post imported post

FogRider wrote:
    A gun is a gun regardless of what it looks like, so you would need to fill out the same paperwork as any other handgun.
    But you DON'T need to fill out paperwork when buying a handgun from a private seller. Is this any different?

Post imported post

ama-gi wrote:
    FogRider wrote:
    A gun is a gun regardless of what it looks like, so you would need to fill out the same paperwork as any other handgun.
    But you DON'T need to fill out paperwork when buying a handgun from a private seller. Is this any different?
    Unless it falls under some BATF ban that I don't know of (and this is entirely possible), I don't see why it would be.

Post imported post

Yes, these aren't "guns" they're probably AOW's and need to be filed with the BATF as such.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

They are AOW's and you can find some online.

Post imported post

Yep.. pretty sure they are AOW. You might want to check local laws against 'zip guns' or such too...

Post imported post

After a little reading, I'm assuming AOW means "any other weapon." What does this include? Knives too?

Weird rules.

Post imported post

aow mainly applies to "guns" that dont look like guns.

Post imported post

The cell guns are considered illegal to possess because they are not made by a licensed gun manufacturer.

Post imported post

ama-gi wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1mIFaIKxs

If you buy one from a private seller (and I don't even think they've made their way across the pond from Europe yet), does the fact that the gun doesn't look like a gun mean you still have to fill out papers for it and such? What if you made your own? (not that I could do such a thing...I just think it's nice to know the law about this stuff).
    Why would ask a question that you already know the answer to?

Tarzan

Post imported post

""If you buy one from a private seller (and I don't even think they've made their way across the pond from Europe yet), does the fact that the gun doesn't look like a gun mean you still have to fill out papers for it and such? What if you made your own? (not that I could do such a thing...I just think it's nice to know the law about this stuff).""

It would still be illegal.