• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cellphone gun

sjhipple

imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1mIFaIKxs

If you buy one from a private seller (and I don't even think they've made their way across the pond from Europe yet), does the fact that the gun doesn't look like a gun mean you still have to fill out papers for it and such? What if you made your own? (not that I could do such a thing...I just think it's nice to know the law about this stuff).

FogRider

imported post

A gun is a gun regardless of what it looks like, so you would need to fill out the same paperwork as any other handgun. Also, because it does not look like a gun, it would always be concealed, even if you can see it. For some reason I can't seem to find the definition of "concealed handgun", so no citations. From memory is is "concealed from view, or disguising it's true nature". The part in bold basically says if it doesn't look like a firearm, it is a concealed weapon.

Disclaimer:
I am not a lawyer, but I am fairly certain this is all true.

sjhipple

imported post

FogRider wrote:
A gun is a gun regardless of what it looks like, so you would need to fill out the same paperwork as any other handgun.
But you DON'T need to fill out paperwork when buying a handgun from a private seller. Is this any different?

FogRider

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
FogRider wrote:
A gun is a gun regardless of what it looks like, so you would need to fill out the same paperwork as any other handgun.
But you DON'T need to fill out paperwork when buying a handgun from a private seller. Is this any different?
Unless it falls under some BATF ban that I don't know of (and this is entirely possible), I don't see why it would be.

thnycav

imported post

The cell guns are considered illegal to possess because they are not made by a licensed gun manufacturer.

tarzan1888

imported post

ama-gi wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_1mIFaIKxs

If you buy one from a private seller (and I don't even think they've made their way across the pond from Europe yet), does the fact that the gun doesn't look like a gun mean you still have to fill out papers for it and such? What if you made your own? (not that I could do such a thing...I just think it's nice to know the law about this stuff).

Why would ask a question that you already know the answer to?

Tarzan

thnycav

imported post

""If you buy one from a private seller (and I don't even think they've made their way across the pond from Europe yet), does the fact that the gun doesn't look like a gun mean you still have to fill out papers for it and such? What if you made your own? (not that I could do such a thing...I just think it's nice to know the law about this stuff).""

It would still be illegal.