Thread: Rust remover or 12-gauge? This guy reached for the wrong one...

Post imported post

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071112/...hPtUTkA1HtiBIF

SOUTHWORTH, Wash. - A man trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut blasted the wheel with a 12-gauge shotgun, injuring himself badly in both legs, sheriff's deputies said. ADVERTISEMENT

The 66-year-old man had been repairing a Lincoln Continental for two weeks at his home northwest of Southworth, about 10 miles southwest of Seattle, and had gotten all but one of the lug nuts off the right rear wheel by Saturday afternoon, Kitsap County Deputy Scott Wilson said.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," Wilson said.

From about arm's length, the man fired the shotgun at the wheel and was "peppered" in both legs with buckshot and debris, with some injuries as high as his chin, according to a sheriff's office report.

"Nobody else was there and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.

The man was taken to Tacoma General Hospital with injuries Wilson described as severe but not life-threatening.
    HAHAHA. I dunno why he did it, but I'm sure he won't again.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Can you say darwin awards?

Post imported post

No where in the Snap-On catalogue do I find a 12 lug nut remover. 'cause if that would work they'd make one for it.

I'd hate to see what he'd use if he ever locks his keys in the trunk. :shock:

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

CC27 wrote:
    Can you say darwin awards?
    To be eligible for a Darwin award the contender has to have taken himself entirely out of the gene pool, either by inflicting a fatal self-injury or by rendering himself unable to reproduce. The man was 66 years old so he's probably passed his defective genes on already. The article wasn't too specific about his injuries but I guess it's possible that he shot his manhood off.

Post imported post

well the other day I saw on the Remington web site 8 gauge shot shells for "Industrial applications" maybe he just grabbed the wrong gun.

Post imported post

I saw this and was almost going to post it, but I couldn't come up with a funny enough tagline to post......:celebrate

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Ouch!

In the biography of Chesty Puller, Marine!, there is the brief anecdote of an officer who used his 1911 to shoot his jeep. The slug bounced off the wheel rim and killed him.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.