• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC

Jermeister

imported post

As a life member of the NRA and a member of WAC, I am a STRONG believer in exercising my rights in a non threatening manner.

I have made it a point to OC on many occasions. For the most part I haven't had any negitive feed back. I have carried in several banks, businesses,etc. without incident.

Took my wife and daughter to breakfast one Sunday and was asked by the waitress if I would take my gun to the car as it was making some customer(s) nervous. I stated it was legal and it was there issue. A few minutes later another waitress said the owner asked if I would put it in my vehicle.I said yes and went to the vehicle and returned armed with a vest concealing it. No more was said.

A couple of times in banks I have been asked if I was a LEO and I said no, OC is legal in Wash. nothing more was said and I finished my business.

On another occasion I went to the grocery store and an older employee noticed and asked me,"Is that cocked"? I kindly responded yes, it is called cocked and locked and is the normal way to carry a 1911. His response was, "I learn somethingnew every day". Was very nice to me and I left. Have had one encounter with a LEO friend of mine in a local gun shop. He made mention of what a beautiful weapon I had and after some small talk we both left.

I carry open as often as possible except of course to theaters and certain places that may create a negitive response.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Manners are set aside when I'm asked to risk my life to easy the opinion of anti's. IF this ever happened to me, (never has yet, not saying it won't) I would ask for a check and leave immediatly, then contact their GM or district/main office with a serious complaint.

I really need to be more active with my OC journal.. and a pic so you guys can see what I look like when I OC.. I think you will be surprised.

AbNo

imported post

Honestly, BS, I wouldn't even ask for the check. I would just leave. If later questioned, I would simply state that I was told to leave.

Come to think of it, I think a certain man in a distinct hat tried that a few weeks ago, with favorable results.

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

"But your honor, they never saidI had to pay before leaving!" :lol:

The best part is that legally, you'd be right. Although if you get an anti for a judge you might be in trouble...

AbNo

imported post

I'm serious, if I'm told to leave in the middle of a meal, I would do just that. Leave.

"I did not want to be charged with tresspassing, so I left immediately at the [manager's] request."

UTOC-45-44

imported post

"An armed society is a polite society.

Manners are good when one may have to

back up his acts with his life. "

Robert A. Heinlein

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As OCers we ALWAYS have to mind our manners. Just because I have a Right does NOT mean I can be mean and inconsiderate

gregma

imported post

AbNo wrote:
I'm serious, if I'm told to leave in the middle of a meal, I would do just that. Leave.

"I did not want to be charged with tresspassing, so I left immediately at the [manager's] request."

I agree, if the manager tells me to leave, I leave immediately. They will not get money for services not rendered!

swatpro911

imported post

spaceball.gif

Attachments

• gun.jpg
    gun.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 533