• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stupid criminals and stupid crimes

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I've never seen a thread on this topic. I think it would be rather humorous, but it also would be some good examples of things we all should be prepared for. Some of the crazy things criminals do make me think that they might not haveenough common sense to not try to grab an OCer's gun. There are people are some dumb criminals out there, so let's post stories that will give us a good laugh, but also maybe even give each of us some insight into the criminal mind (or lack thereof...) :cool:

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Ok, I realize this is totally OT for the thread, but I had to share this (I sawthis on Glennbeck.com) abouta stupid cake decorator:

11-13-07-pod.jpg

Cake from Wal-Mart
The person ordering told them to write Best Wishes, Suzanne and underneath that write We will miss you. This is the cake that was delivered. Thanks to Chris for sending this in. If you have something you would like to see as our picture of the day.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=7316189

Covering Wilcox County: Dumb Criminal Strikes Camden Police Department

Despite 16 years in law enforcement in Camden, Chief Lucas Knight never thought he would end up investigating a break-in at his very own police department.

"It just goes to show you criminals are brave," said Chief Knight.

How brave? Consider what happened. Police say a16-year old boy knocked out a sidewindow at the Camden Police Department, all done under the cover of darkness. The building was empty since the night shift was on patrol. Once inside the young suspect allegedly stole $500.00 in petty cash and walked out the front door. A few minutes later, an officer came back in from patrol.

"He noticed the doors that were normally locked were open," Knight said.

At this point the juvenile thought he was home free with cash in hand but he apparently had no idea a pair of eyes caught him on tape; two security cameras mounted in front of the police department.

"That was another way we could find out who did it," Knight said.

Video tape plus a confession.

"He did, yes sir," Chief Knight said.

The teenager now finds himself in lock-up at the detention facility in Greensboro.
"It's funny that one would even think about breaking into a police department. People will do anything to get money," Knight said.

For Chief Lucas Knight that means he can say he's seen it all. The suspect faces three charges; burglary, theft and criminal mischief.

Who doesn't know that there are cameras at police stations? :D