• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Corsair's OC experiences

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

I'm stealing an idea from others on this board. I thought I'd just chronicle the few interactions that I have with the public... and post them on this board more for my purposes, than otherwise. Enjoy!

Nov. 12th 8:30pm - Chevron Convenience store

I walk in, select my merchandise, and walk up to the register wallet in hand. The clerk is a early 20s female who asks me how my evening is going... then asks, "so are you a cop?" I simply said, "no."
Clerk: "so you just carry that around all the time?" (genuine curiousity, no fear or apprehension)
Me: "yes"
Clerk: "oh, so you're just like, a normal person? So you have your permit then?"
Me: (laughing a bit) "yes, I'm "just" a normal person, probably kinda like you... actually I don't need a permit to visibly carry my gun in Idaho. I mean, I've got my permit, but I usually carry this way.
Clerk: "oh, yeah, I heard something about that... as long as you don't cover it up you don't need a permit."
Me: "yup"
Clerk: "Ok. I'm cool with guns." :D

(I left out the do you want a bag and sales amount conversation... conversation remembered to the best of my ability)

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

IdahoCorsair wrote:
I left out the do you want a bag...
Should've followed that up with, "Sure -- just be sure to put your phone number on it first." Ah, if only my wife had that attitude about guns.

bourneshooter

imported post

Wynder wrote:
IdahoCorsair wrote:
I left out the do you want a bag...
Should've followed that up with, "Sure -- just be sure to put your phone number on it first." Ah, if only my wife had that attitude about guns.
SECOND TO THAT! You should have got her number! COME ON MAN, SHE WAS COOL WITH GUNS! GET HER NUMBER!

Saint

imported post

Haha... very nice encounter Corsair. We need to go shooting here sometime soon... maybe I'll call your bro and see about setting something up for Sunday?

vermonter

imported post

Oh come on! Don't rib him for not getting her number.... She was probably 400 pounds!

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

CC'd to get a haircut last night. Of course the "stylist" asked my to take off my jacket, so I did and hung it up without a word said either way. Conversation continued normally for 10 mintues, then after the shampoo, she finally asked if I was a cop. I said, "nope."
Just a confused look came across her face.
So I asked, "I'm guessin you're a bit confused now?"
Her: "yes"
Me: "I just like to be prepared to protect others around me"
Her: "oh, ok" and launches off into how her husband's ex has been stalking them, slashing their tires and lots of drug people live in her neighborhood and she thinks the guy who robbed the last convenience store a few days ago is possibly her neighbor, based on the news's description and what his habits are.
It ended up with her liking that I carried very much.