• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HOME DEPOT

Trigger Dr

imported post

The husband of one of my co-workers is employed at the Silverdale Home Depot. Today he told me that the managers (he is not a manager) had a long hard discussion about OC and the wil NOT allow any open carried firearm in their store. Anyone OCing will be ushered out without warning.

Just thought you would like to know.

Now, how about going to home depot with a shopping list about $14,000 worth and when they "usher you out" you present them with your proposed list of purchase?

Jim

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
The husband of one of my co-workers is employed at the Silverdale Home Depot. Today he told me that the managers (he is not a manager) had a long hard discussion about OC and the wil NOT allow any open carried firearm in their store. Anyone OCing will be ushered out without warning.

Now, how about going to home depot with a shopping list about $14,000 worth and when they "usher you out" you present them with your proposed list of purchase?

Jim
Right - if told to levae, don;t take your gun to your car and come back - give the cart full of stuff to the manager and ask for his business card and tell him you will not be spending money there; if possible, have some items like cut wood that will be impossible for them to easily sell to somebody else in the future :cool:

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

What/which Home Depot?

bayboy42 wrote:
Just print this out.

http://www.tennesseefirearms.com/law_regs/postedletters/homedepo.pdf

moz-screenshot-8.jpg

moz-screenshot-5.jpg
moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg

Ditto!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:

This sounds like a bad or at least ineffective idea. If the shopping list is a sham, a person of average intelligence will probably figure it out. If they figure out your sham, you lose credibility for whatever other arguments you make, including the good ones. Theywill probably still be polite to you--but they won't regard you seriously. Why should they? You wouldjust be a scammer and a screamer.

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Call Corporate pronto. Lowes backed off from a "no guns policy" after they kicked out a few people in Arizona and Virginia.

This sounds like a good and possibly effective idea. As actualor potential customers of Home Depot it, any complaints and concerns from youwill almost assuredly be listened to and responded to. Possibly favorably. Especially if you make a good case.

One approach is a rather juvenile andscamming approach--the low road. The second is a responsible andupfront way to do business--the high road.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Yes HankT is is a juvenile approach, and I thought that most on this forum would recognize that it was a tounge in cheek comment. I guess I am not as smart as you.

Jim

kparker

imported post

if possible, have some items like cut wood that will be impossible for them to easily sell to somebody else in the future

Wow, that seems needlessly hostile. If I were in the position of innocently shopping, unaware, in an anti-gun store, and was confronted by management, of course I'd walk away from my shopping cart. But to deliberately do that with malice aforethought...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:

Jim
I have OCed at Home Depot and Lowes and never have ANY problems. I will try to print out the document above to keep in the car.

just_a_car

imported post

expvideo wrote:
bayboy42 wrote:

Awesome.

I've OCed at the Everett Home Depot, and never had a problem. With all of the illegal aliens in the parking lot, there's no way I'm leaving it in the car!
Seconded for the Aurora Village Home Depot. I went there one morning and there were at least twenty hispanics on the opposite side of the parking lot from the entrance with people in pickups talking to them.

Misguided Child

imported post

Since I spend about 60 hours a week in a big home improvement store I wouldn't think twice about the hispanics. Look for the beater cars with multiple people in them, usually white, those are the thieves. Almost invariably drug addicts. One or two are stealing and the rest are doing fraudulent returns. The store credit they get is sold at 50% on the dollar with the returners getting 10-20%.

While sitting in the parking lot they are looking for targets of opportunity.

Alan

expvideo

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
Since I spend about 60 hours a week in a big home improvement store I wouldn't think twice about the hispanics. Look for the beater cars with multiple people in them, usually white, those are the thieves. Almost invariably drug addicts. One or two are stealing and the rest are doing fraudulent returns. The store credit they get is sold at 50% on the dollar with the returners getting 10-20%.

Alan
When will the anti-OCers realize that all OCing does is to make you the target of least opportunity. And since most criminals are opportunistic, just having a visible gun will prevent you from being a victim of crime most of the time.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Misguided Child wrote:

Who buys the store credits?

FogRider

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Misguided Child wrote:

Alan
When will the anti-OCers realize that all OCing does is to make you the target of least opportunity. And since most criminals are opportunistic, just having a visible gun will prevent you from being a victim of crime most of the time.
I could be way off base, but I think the original point was not leaving a gun in your car to be stolen.

Misguided Child

imported post

HankT wrote:
Misguided Child wrote:

Who buys the store credits?

A lot of them are pedaled on Ebay, some local businessmen are connected with buying and selling, contractors, occasional homeowner who happen to be offered a deal. I have seen them go for 90% and up of the face value. Can't figure out why anybody would buy a store credit off of ebay from across the country for 10% or less discount.

I have said somewhere on the board that I would love to see more people OC because I'm sure the thieves would leave the store if somebody walked down the aisle with a gun on their hip.

G_Lyons

imported post

I have purchased store credit before (from friends who I know where it came from) they just would rather have the cash and I need something from said store. Also if someone gives you a little sob story about how they realised they could not afforded it after they purchased and the store is just so mean and they wont give them cash and there baby is crying for more formula and on and on.I know a lot of people that would by it from them at 99% or even 100%.

G_Lyons

imported post

All you would have to do to get my mom to by store credit off of you is to tell her that you really can't use it and you need cash for some formula for your kid in the stroller. And no it would not be the first time a kid would be used as a con tool