• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HOME DEPOT

Misguided Child

imported post

Sorry about getting a little off topic here with the store credit thing. If you are buying an expensive item would you not keep the reciept? Most stores have the ability to look up the purchase and refund back to your card or whatever, it's easy to get your money back with just basic common sense.

If you are buying a card withstore credit and you don't know the person AND the circumstances behind how they got that card, it's about a 97% chance you are supporting thieves.Ifyou do it,never pay more the $.50 to the dollar.I've heardALL the sob stories and I deal with thieves every day.

BluesBear

imported post

When I lived in the Edmonds area I went to the Home Depot on 99 often. Once as I was walking up to the doors I saw a guy who was attempting to sell store credits. He did have his "wife" and baby standing nearby. The person ahead of me waved him away before he could even get his spiel started. He approached me and started to speak, but as he looked me up and down he saw my holstered revolver and immediately made a sharp right, towards his "family"and walked away.

I wonder why? ;)

Oh yeah, I have never had any problem carrying there either.

Speaking of hardware type stores, I have OCed in the Coast To Coast store in Monroe thrice now and no one hassaid anything about it. And the people there are so much nicer than Home Depot employees.

compmanio365

imported post

I go to the local McClendons out here on Canyon Road, OC there quite often, get strange looks from the employees at first, but now that they know "it's just me" they don't even flinch any longer. Highly recommended, and you can find some good deals there.

metricinch

imported post

McLendon's is sweet! I love the fact that I can get Lodge cast iron there. Along with whatever else you might(might not) need. I have yet OC there, but then I haven't had occasion to go there in some time...maybe in early Decmeber to get some shopping done, I bet I could find all kinds of gifts there!

BluesBear

imported post

I've open carried many times in the McClendon's in Woodinville. Really nice folks there.As well as the Aaron's frame store, AM-PM, DeYoungs and Firestone in W'ville.