• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free military range time once a week

Rook

imported post

Thought I would let you all know, on the 1st ans 15th of every month active military have free range fees. As far as I know you must be ACTIVE but I am not sure if they let you twist it for retired, etc.

http://www.bullseyeshooter.com/rangemain.htm

Check out their main site :)

expvideo

imported post

Rook wrote:
Thought I would let you all know, on the 1st ans 15th of every month active military have free range fees. As far as I know you must be ACTIVE but I am not sure if they let you twist it for retired, etc.

http://www.bullseyeshooter.com/rangemain.htm

Check out their main site :)
Thank you for the information, but that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Did you read the first post?

VSTORM

imported post

I shot last at Fort Lewis about a year ago and it isn't free. The range is free, but you have to pay for the range officer. Facilties are ok to good, but it can get full quick. Now a days I go to the range in Bellevue, rude people and all.

RangerAv8r

imported post

Where's the range on Camp Murray? There is an indoor range at the Buckley Armory that takes all pistol calibers. Fort Lewis Outdoor Rec. Range 15 is OK and is located just prior to the new East Gate checkpointbut is run like a basic training range (clear on the left... clear on the right... the range is now cold...), is only open on the weekends, and you must have a military (AD, reserve or retired) member with you. The left side is set up for pistols and ranges from at15 and 25 yards. The center and right sides have berms set up for targets from 25 to 300 yards. There is a steel E-type at 300 which one can bang away all day at, however, once you've nailed it with every round from a 30-rounder bench rest, standing, kneeling, and prone it gets a little boring. No transitions or movement is allowed.

M

Oh yeah, if you’re caughtshooting on one of the 100 series ranges (those on Dupont-Steilacoom Road)without permission you will have your weapon seized and enjoy a new felony record which will restrict your enjoyment of firearms forever. There are certain areas on FLW that a civilian can hunt but I am not sure what hoops must be jumped. Roads that travel through North FLW like Dupont-Steilacoom Road, North Gate Drive, Veterans Drive (on VA Hospital grounds) and a portion of East Drive, and South FLW like 507 between the “Roy Y” and the town of Roy are on Fort Lewis. Firearms not registered with the FL Provost Marshall are prohibited.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Here's some additional FT Lewis shooting info:

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Whether your choice of firearm is pistol, rifle or shotgun, Fort Lewis Recreational Shooting has a place for you to practice safely and still get a real bang out of it. For hours of operation and upcoming special events, call the Pistol and Rifle Range at 253-967-9803 or our Skeet Range at 253-967-7056.
[/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Monthly sporting clay competitions[/font]
  • [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Unit activities[/font]
http://www.fortlewismwr.com/nac.htm