Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Nations **FREE** Gun Show -- Details

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Islamabad, Pakistan
    Posts
    621

    Post imported post

    Some folks here have expressed an interest in this so I am taking the liberty to post the following:

    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...365&page=1


    Here are the plans for **THIS WEEKEND'S** FREE Gun Show

    Prices will be good Saturday and Sunday

    Events will be SATURDAY ONLY. Here is the schedule:


    • 0930: Shop Opens
    • 1000: Free tables for enthusiasts to buy/sell/trade accessories. Note: At this time, we can't allow people to buy/sell/firearms amongst themselves...Sorry
    • 1130 - 1300: Free Brats for all!
    • 1630: Free Sam Adams Octoberfest
    • 1730: Close
    Address: 14085 Crown Ct, Woodbridge VA 22192

    Details:

    All firearms will be marked with with **Gun Show Prices**. This includes; Springfield Armory, HK, LMT and ArmaLite.

    We will have GREAT Specials on the following items; Magpul, USGI Mags, Glock Mags, Benchmade, Trijicon, EoTech and Aimpoint. All will be well below MAP, so we can't list prices.

    Volunteers: Angst and Haiheitail7 are the official grill masters!

    I want this to be the FOUNDATION of a quarterly event...To be held each time there is a Chantilly Gun Show.

    ETA some new price info:

    Sample Pricing:

    USGI M16 30rnd Mags: $10/ea, 5 for $45
    Glock 17, 19, 22, 23 Mags: $17/ea, Four for $59!
    ArmaLite M4 Carbines (w/o carry handle): $849
    Springfield XD-45s with 3 mags: $449
    Springfield M1As: $1,199
    The North Face: 20% off
    GG&G: 25% off
    Galco: 30% off
    Trijicon: Too low to list prices
    EoTech: Too low to list prices
    Magpul: Too low to list prices
    Blackhawk 25% off + Free T-Shirt with $50 purchase!
    Other in-store specials!



  2. #2
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    kaiheitai17 wrote:
    Some folks here have expressed an interest in this so I am taking the liberty to post the following:

    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...365&page=1


    Here are the plans for **THIS WEEKEND'S** FREE Gun Show

    Prices will be good Saturday and Sunday

    Events will be SATURDAY ONLY. Here is the schedule:


    • 0930: Shop Opens
    • 1000: Free tables for enthusiasts to buy/sell/trade accessories. Note: At this time, we can't allow people to buy/sell/firearms amongst themselves...Sorry
    • 1130 - 1300: Free Brats for all!
    • 1630: Free Sam Adams Octoberfest
    • 1730: Close

    Address: 14085 Crown Ct, Woodbridge VA 22192

    Details:

    All firearms will be marked with with **Gun Show Prices**. This includes; Springfield Armory, HK, LMT and ArmaLite.

    We will have GREAT Specials on the following items; Magpul, USGI Mags, Glock Mags, Benchmade, Trijicon, EoTech and Aimpoint. All will be well below MAP, so we can't list prices.

    Volunteers: Angst and Haiheitail7 are the official grill masters!

    I want this to be the FOUNDATION of a quarterly event...To be held each time there is a Chantilly Gun Show.
    That's a great idea. Especially for the free tables to for accessories sales. I wonder if the regular enthusiasts can buy/sell ammo?

    I wish they had one of those where I live.

    Good luck to the organizers. Success!

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    Its an awesome free market solution to a problem of market access. Best of luck.

  4. #4
    Regular Member IanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,896

    Post imported post

    OK, someone clue the village idiot (me) in on something... What's the deal with C&E not allowing QTS at Dulles? Sounds like they are not allowing them because they don't attend the Rich shows? What is this, tenth grade politics or retribution?

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    To be fair the only side of this story is from QTS, so if there is more to the saga, its unknown.

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    OK, someone clue the village idiot (me) in on something... What's the deal with C&E not allowing QTS at Dulles? Sounds like they are not allowing them because they don't attend the Rich shows? What is this, tenth grade politics or retribution?
    QTS means?

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    kaiheitai17 wrote:
    1000: Free tables for enthusiasts to buy/sell/trade accessories. Note: At this time, we can't allow people to buy/sell/firearms amongst themselves...Sorry
    Why?

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    Quantico Tactical Supply, I would imagine they don't want trade of guns because they haven't registered as a legal gunshow with the VSP.
    http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...od+54.1-4201.1
    Or if that doesn't legally matter perhaps they just don't want the competition?

  9. #9
    Regular Member Virginiaplanter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    402

    Post imported post

    I just found the Gun Show loophole!!!!!!


    "C. The provisions of this section shall not apply to firearms shows held in any town with a population of not less than 1,995 and not more than 2,010, according to the 1990 United States census."





    If you live in a town whose population is between 1995 and 2,010, you can hold a gun show without notifying the state police!

    We really do need to close this loophole as these unregulated firearm shows are getting out of hand. Imagine all the towns in Virginia with a 1990 census population of not less than 1,995 nor greater than 2,010!

    Who writes these laws?

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    Whats weird and OT is that population brackets for laws were supposed to be removed this year, guess they missed that one.

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765

    Post imported post

    Virginiaplanter wrote:
    I just found the Gun Show loophole!!!!!!


    "C. The provisions of this section shall not apply to firearms shows held in any town with a population of not less than 1,995 and not more than 2,010, according to the 1990 United States census."

    If you live in a town whose population is between 1995 and 2,010, you can hold a gun show without notifying the state police!

    We really do need to close this loophole as these unregulated firearm shows are getting out of hand. Imagine all the towns in Virginia with a 1990 census population of not less than 1,995 nor greater than 2,010!

    Who writes these laws?
    I think it was an old edition of the Virginia Gun Owners' Guide that said that particular law was written to protect a town somewhere near the NC border that does a massive flea market/gun show each September. Wish I could remember the details, but it's too late to look up tonight.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    I didn't know they raised the price to 12 bucks... I used to get in for 9 bucks when I used the little internet coupon

    I'd be up for some free brats if I can make it there...not sure if I can right now yet.

    I've been to the woodbridge QA before a few times and they got great people working there.

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    Tess wrote:
    Virginiaplanter wrote:
    I just found the Gun Show loophole!!!!!!


    "C. The provisions of this section shall not apply to firearms shows held in any town with a population of not less than 1,995 and not more than 2,010, according to the 1990 United States census."

    If you live in a town whose population is between 1995 and 2,010, you can hold a gun show without notifying the state police!

    We really do need to close this loophole as these unregulated firearm shows are getting out of hand. Imagine all the towns in Virginia with a 1990 census population of not less than 1,995 nor greater than 2,010!

    Who writes these laws?
    I think it was an old edition of the Virginia Gun Owners' Guide that said that particular law was written to protect a town somewhere near the NC border that does a massive flea market/gun show each September. Wish I could remember the details, but it's too late to look up tonight.
    I did for ya, Hillsville has a 4 day labor day show.

  14. #14
    Regular Member IanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,896

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    OK, someone clue the village idiot (me) in on something... What's the deal with C&E not allowing QTS at Dulles? Sounds like they are not allowing them because they don't attend the Rich shows? What is this, tenth grade politics or retribution?
    QTS means?
    Quantico Tactical Supply

  15. #15
    Regular Member Virginiaplanter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    402

    Post imported post

    Hillsville's official 1990 population was 2701 so they are not the town. The winner is Elkton, Va. outside of Harrisonburg with a 1990 Population of 2003.

    Subsection C is a violation of the Virginia Constitution.

    "The General Assembly shall not enact any local, special, or private law in the following cases:

    (1) For the punishment of crime."

    "Though an act be general in form, if it be special in purpose and effect, it violates the spirit of the constitutional prohibition." (Emphasis added). We also observed: "an arbitrary separation of persons, places, or things of the same general class, so that some of them will and others of them will not be affected by the law, is of the essence of special legislation." Id. at 610, 102 S.E. at 79." Benderson Development Co. v. Sciortino 236 Va. 136 (1988).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •