• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nations **FREE** Gun Show -- Details

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Some folks here have expressed an interest in this so I am taking the liberty to post the following:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=287365&page=1

clear.gif

Here are the plans for **THIS WEEKEND'S** FREE Gun Show

Prices will be good Saturday and Sunday

Events will be SATURDAY ONLY. Here is the schedule:

• 0930: Shop Opens
  • 1000: Free tables for enthusiasts to buy/sell/trade accessories. Note: At this time, we can't allow people to buy/sell/firearms amongst themselves...Sorry
  • 1130 - 1300: Free Brats for all!
  • 1630: Free Sam Adams Octoberfest
  • 1730: Close
Address: 14085 Crown Ct, Woodbridge VA 22192

Details:

All firearms will be marked with with **Gun Show Prices**. This includes; Springfield Armory, HK, LMT and ArmaLite.

We will have GREAT Specials on the following items; Magpul, USGI Mags, Glock Mags, Benchmade, Trijicon, EoTech and Aimpoint. All will be well below MAP, so we can't list prices.

Volunteers: Angst and Haiheitail7 are the official grill masters!

I want this to be the FOUNDATION of a quarterly event...To be held each time there is a Chantilly Gun Show.

ETA some new price info:

Sample Pricing:

USGI M16 30rnd Mags: $10/ea, 5 for $45
Glock 17, 19, 22, 23 Mags: $17/ea, Four for $59!
ArmaLite M4 Carbines (w/o carry handle): $849
Springfield XD-45s with 3 mags: $449
Springfield M1As: $1,199
The North Face: 20% off
GG&G: 25% off
Galco: 30% off
Trijicon: Too low to list prices
EoTech: Too low to list prices
Magpul: Too low to list prices
Blackhawk 25% off + Free T-Shirt with $50 purchase!
Other in-store specials!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
Some folks here have expressed an interest in this so I am taking the liberty to post the following:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=287365&page=1

clear.gif

Here are the plans for **THIS WEEKEND'S** FREE Gun Show

Prices will be good Saturday and Sunday

Events will be SATURDAY ONLY. Here is the schedule:

• 0930: Shop Opens
  • 1000: Free tables for enthusiasts to buy/sell/trade accessories. Note: At this time, we can't allow people to buy/sell/firearms amongst themselves...Sorry
  • 1130 - 1300: Free Brats for all!
  • 1630: Free Sam Adams Octoberfest
  • 1730: Close
Address: 14085 Crown Ct, Woodbridge VA 22192

Details:

All firearms will be marked with with **Gun Show Prices**. This includes; Springfield Armory, HK, LMT and ArmaLite.

We will have GREAT Specials on the following items; Magpul, USGI Mags, Glock Mags, Benchmade, Trijicon, EoTech and Aimpoint. All will be well below MAP, so we can't list prices.

Volunteers: Angst and Haiheitail7 are the official grill masters!

I want this to be the FOUNDATION of a quarterly event...To be held each time there is a Chantilly Gun Show.

That's a great idea. Especially for the free tables to for accessories sales. I wonder if the regular enthusiasts can buy/sell ammo?

I wish they had one of those where I live.

Good luck to the organizers. Success!

IanB

imported post

OK, someone clue the village idiot (me) in on something... What's the deal with C&E not allowing QTS at Dulles? Sounds like they are not allowing them because they don't attend the Rich shows? What is this, tenth grade politics or retribution?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

To be fair the only side of this story is from QTS, so if there is more to the saga, its unknown.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
OK, someone clue the village idiot (me) in on something... What's the deal with C&E not allowing QTS at Dulles? Sounds like they are not allowing them because they don't attend the Rich shows? What is this, tenth grade politics or retribution?
QTS means?

Virginiaplanter

imported post

I just found the Gun Show loophole!!!!!!

"C. The provisions of this section shall not apply to firearms shows held in any town with a population of not less than 1,995 and not more than 2,010, according to the 1990 United States census."

If you live in a town whose population is between 1995 and 2,010, you can hold a gun show without notifying the state police!

We really do need to close this loophole as these unregulated firearm shows are getting out of hand. Imagine all the towns in Virginia with a 1990 census population of not less than 1,995 nor greater than 2,010!

Who writes these laws?

longwatch

imported post

Whats weird and OT is that population brackets for laws were supposed to be removed this year, guess they missed that one.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Virginiaplanter wrote:

"C. The provisions of this section shall not apply to firearms shows held in any town with a population of not less than 1,995 and not more than 2,010, according to the 1990 United States census."

If you live in a town whose population is between 1995 and 2,010, you can hold a gun show without notifying the state police!

We really do need to close this loophole as these unregulated firearm shows are getting out of hand. Imagine all the towns in Virginia with a 1990 census population of not less than 1,995 nor greater than 2,010!

Who writes these laws?
I think it was an old edition of the Virginia Gun Owners' Guide that said that particular law was written to protect a town somewhere near the NC border that does a massive flea market/gun show each September. Wish I could remember the details, but it's too late to look up tonight.

nova

imported post

I didn't know they raised the price to 12 bucks... I used to get in for 9 bucks when I used the little internet coupon :)

I'd be up for some free brats if I can make it there...not sure if I can right now yet.

I've been to the woodbridge QA before a few times and they got great people working there.

longwatch

imported post

Tess wrote:
Virginiaplanter wrote:

Who writes these laws?
I think it was an old edition of the Virginia Gun Owners' Guide that said that particular law was written to protect a town somewhere near the NC border that does a massive flea market/gun show each September. Wish I could remember the details, but it's too late to look up tonight.
I did for ya, Hillsville has a 4 day labor day show.

IanB

imported post

Mike wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
QTS means?
Quantico Tactical Supply

Virginiaplanter

imported post

Hillsville's official 1990 population was 2701 so they are not the town. The winner is Elkton, Va. outside of Harrisonburg with a 1990 Population of 2003.

Subsection C is a violation of the Virginia Constitution.

"The General Assembly shall not enact any local, special, or private law in the following cases:

(1) For the punishment of crime."

"Though an act be general in form, if it be special in purpose and effect, it violates the spirit of the constitutional prohibition." (Emphasis added). We also observed: "an arbitrary separation of persons, places, or things of the same general class, so that some of them will and others of them will not be affected by the law, is of the essence of special legislation." Id. at 610, 102 S.E. at 79." Benderson Development Co. v. Sciortino 236 Va. 136 (1988).