Thread: Concealed Carry

Post imported post

okay, okay, I know it's not open carry, I've only done that twice. Anyway ...

Stopped to help two women change a flat tire on a US highway in Tennessee & a sheriff's deputy pulls in behind the wife's car & the car I was changing the tire on. Said deputy supervises me changing the tire. I debated letting the officer know I was CC, however I decided why turn a non-incident into anything more than what it was at the time.

Well, 10 minutes later & everybody was on their way, I'd never said anything to the deputy & he never said anything to me, so win-win

Post imported post

I think you did it the right way.

....and kudos for helping ladies in distress.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

I don't know Tennessee law, but even if there is a requirement to identify, the officer didn't pull you over. Talking to Police is only a good idea when you need their help. As "Miranda" says 'anything you say can and will be used against you,' not may be used but will be used.

I think that both you and the officer handled the situation perfectly.

Post imported post

Just for refrence...No, you don't have to notify an officer in TN.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin