Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New MMM/ProtestEasyGuns "LIE" in for Fairfax, VA. Nov. 24th

Post imported post

http://www.protesteasyguns.com/about.html#upcoming

They are supposed to be there this next Saturday the 24th. I will be there OCing with a few others. It'd be great if more showed up especially with OC, CC signs as before. Or make up your own slogans/signs.

I'm sure there will be a restaurant run afterward with stories for all. Bring the family, the whole family for 2A fun. And to show everyone that 2A people are regular people. Plus I'd like to meet people and families on this forum, I sense that youse guys are somehow normal....

Neplu

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    http://www.protesteasyguns.com/about.html#upcoming

They are supposed to be there this next Saturday the 24th. I will be there OCing with a few others. It'd be great if more showed up especially with OC, CC signs as before. Or make up your own slogans/signs.

I'm sure there will be a restaurant run afterward with stories for all. Bring the family, the whole family for 2A fun. And to show everyone that 2A people are regular people. Plus I'd like to meet people and families on this forum, I sense that youse guys are somehow normal....

Neplu
    I can't believe that no one is interested in attending this demonstration. Don't take my humor, or attempt at such, too lightly. I take their resolve to remove our 2A rights seriously. It's just after reading their arguments I realized how shallow they were. When dealing with an opponent it is my opinion that if you take them more seriously than deserved you lend credibility to them. That was my point in my seemingly treating the issue with joking.

I hope a lot of you will show up, I plan to be there.

Neplu

State Researcher

Post imported post

If I was closer, I would be there.

I checked out their website. Made me sick, fudging all the number to their advantage, and picking and pulling facts out of context to make their cause SEEM just.

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    If I was closer, I would be there.

I checked out their website. Made me sick, fudging all the number to their advantage, and picking and pulling facts out of context to make their cause SEEM just.

I know, they say "400" guns from gun shows were involved in crimes last year, or whatever year it was. 400, how many of that were private sales verses dealer sales, which have to have a BGC? 400, of how many guns involved in crimes that year, 4000, 40,000, 4,000,000? The Bureau of Justice figures says only 0.7% of guns in crimes were from gun shows. And they don't say how many of those were private vs. dealer sales...

Meaningless numbers they quote. Can't wait to ask them about it.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Even if you asked them, how many of these people are involved because they think guns are evil? -- The weekend protester, and the people who just do not like firearms in general. I have found the large majority of these people to just be unfavorable to firearms, and do not have a solid foundation to bases these conclusions upon.

I think that most of us can agree that ideally we would like 0% criminal gun violence, which will almost undoubtedly never be achieved.

The numbers they use are never reliable, and the people who support these groups never really look to see where the information is coming from, they just eat it up, because they have the same basic low level interest, it is like a cult following.

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    Even if you asked them, how many of these people are involved because they think guns are evil? -- The weekend protester, and the people who just do not like firearms in general. I have found the large majority of these people to just be unfavorable to firearms, and do not have a solid foundation to bases these conclusions upon.

I think that most of us can agree that ideally we would like 0% criminal gun violence, which will almost undoubtedly never be achieved.

The numbers they use are never reliable, and the people who support these groups never really look to see where the information is coming from, they just eat it up, because they have the same basic low level interest, it is like a cult following.
    A cult!!? Say it ain't so Joe... Well, I would assume it to be so since as Wayne points out, so many women are involved, it must be emotional..... I am well advised and well experienced in dealing with hysterical women (look up the ancient greek source of the word "hysterical") (don't let a woman watch you do so). Anyway, I will be there and ready for all the womanly trickery :^)>

neplusultra

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    Say, you know I was thinking about your userpic. Is that you, or your girlfriend/wife or just someone you admire for some reason?

Just wondering :^).

Post imported post

Those MMM folks are some of the rudest, close minded people you will ever meet.The ones I sawhadan "in yourface" attitiude, so be careful not to lose you cool with them because it would be easy.Theyhave no class and use name calling,will not listento reasonand ignore facts.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    openryan wrote:
    Say, you know I was thinking about your userpic. Is that you, or your girlfriend/wife or just someone you admire for some reason?

Just wondering :^).

State Researcher

Post imported post

mlands wrote:
    Those MMM folks are some of the rudest, close minded people you will ever meet.The ones I sawhadan "in yourface" attitiude, so be careful not to lose you cool with them because it would be easy.Theyhave no class and use name calling,will not listento reasonand ignore facts.
    Yes, most of the can actually start out an argument in a logical, respectful fashion. But the minute they see their reasoning begin to crumble, which usually begins with about the 3rd word in their argument, it is all downhill from there.

They also hate being video taped because they are well aware that they look like morons.

Post imported post

...don't forget vulgar profanity and references to male genetalia.
    -Unrequited

State Researcher

Post imported post

unrequited wrote:
    ...don't forget vulgar profanity and references to male genetalia.
    How could we, they carries themselves so professionally. I just hope to be that suave one day.

Post imported post

It looks like it is at the following address:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4245+S...=addr&om=1

Does anyone know what time this is going to take place?

Do we have an approximate headcount?

(I'll try to make it if I find out the time, but I won't know for sure if I can until later tomorrow.)

Post imported post

If you get bored, there are a few videos on their youtube site that still have the comment section enabled! Not to mention that you can rate the videos and the other comments...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ProtestEasyGuns

:celebrate:celebrate

State Researcher

Post imported post

Have they ever defined "easy access guns" -- Any gun can be "easy access" given the right cirumstances...

Post imported post

TEX1N wrote:
    It looks like it is at the following address:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4245+S...=addr&om=1

Does anyone know what time this is going to take place?
    Website says at 3PM.

There is the slimmest of slim chances that I'll be there. What is being done as far as signs? Are people supposed to make their own? Will there be any extras?

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

To answer your question, I will be bringing 4 sigs (so 3 extras) with "STAND UP FOR TRUTH AND RIGHTS" on one side and "LAY DOWN FOR FEAR AND LIES" on the other. They will be on a first come first serve basis for anybody that would like to hold up one.

As of 11 AM this morning their website no longer shows the Fairfax protest as scheduled, but this may be a ruse. I am still planning to show up around 2:30 as planned.

Post imported post

Well, I've run a few stealth-ops, myself.

If people like this think "they" (people with reason) are on to them, then half-arsed attempts at deflecting people that can prove them wrong tend to occur.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

MMM no-show, I was at the common area in front of the Theatre from 1430-1515 and there was no sign of them. Obviously no courage of convictions in their camp.

Post imported post

Maybe we should call them and ask what happened.

"I showed up for your protest, but no one was there. I did meet some nice peopel from.... the VCDL, or something like that. They were very informative, I like them."
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I also attempted to show up for the "protest slutty guns" event, but it quickly became evident that the "lie down and take it" protest was a no-go.

They surrendered without a fight. :celebratePerhaps the media wasn't interested and they wouldn't do it without a camera.

Post imported post

ama-gi wrote:
    I also attempted to show up for the "protest slutty guns" event, but it quickly became evident that the "lie down and take it" protest was a no-go.

They surrendered without a fight. :celebratePerhaps the media wasn't interested and they wouldn't do it without a camera.
    Tsk Tsk ama-gi.............your comment is kind of immature and trashy in the mixed company of THIS forum............better watch out or you'll offend PA Patriot.

Back on topic..............on one hand it stinks that they weren't there to protest but on the other hand its good to see that the property management company may have indeed denied their request and isn't solely against individual organizations!!!

Centurion

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Maybe we should call them and ask what happened.

"I showed up for your protest, but no one was there. I did meet some nice peopel from.... the VCDL, or something like that. They were very informative, I like them."

Post imported post

Oh Geeze I forgot it was yesterday! Good thing I didn't miss anything

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
    Tsk Tsk ama-gi.............your comment is kind of immature and trashy in the mixed company of THIS forum............better watch out or you'll offend PA Patriot.
    Now your just being silly and immature. I'm not offended by tacky avatars, but mature enough to recognize them as what they are. Poor taste.
    You can disagree, that's fine, no need to whine about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast