• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Lobby Day at the General Assembly Jan 21

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mr. Y wrote:
Who said they have to speak English? :p

After all, many of our legislators don't understand logic in plain English.

possumboy

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
For me two months is a long time off (heck, things get iffy for me two weeks out), but as long nothing major comes up, my brother and myself plan to be there this year.
Same here. I plan on bringing the kids. Will not be there for long because of that...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Most of my neighbors shouldn't be in this country in the first place.

Careful...your starting to sound like me:celebrate

I just recruited 2 new VCDL members and they are coming.

nemo

imported post

I would be glad to attend. I would be gladder if I knew what I were doing, but I will consider this to be on the job training.

Is there anyone in the Winchester area? I would like to car pool. It's a minor gripe for me to read about dinners and doings, but not be able to attend more than about one event per year (Manassas was the last).

nemo

imported post

longwatch wrote:
We should think of a way to ID ourselves since it is going to be a big OCDO crowd.

I started to say "huh?" we will all be OC, won't we? But then I realized that you meant how to ID those on this thread among all those who will be OC.

Well, I could wear my nemo cap (no fair guessing from where it came) , though I was going to be half dressed up, so the cap would not really fit in.

Speaking of which, what is the uniform? I was going to wear shirt and tie, my normal work uniform, but no coat, so as to better show off my new GSP. It is not new, really, but it is the newest toy that I have.

Bubba Ron

imported post

nemo wrote:
Speaking of which, what is the uniform? I was going to wear shirt and tie, my normal work uniform, but no coat, so as to better show off my new GSP. It is not new, really, but it is the newest toy that I have.
Most of us wear shirt, tie, and coat. If it gets too warm, the coats come off.

nemo

imported post

Hey, Kendo Bunny,

I just noticed your name. I assume that you are a student of the sword (or maybe you are a fan of Usagi Yojimbo). Is there a dojo in the Haymarket area? What is the pedigree of your sensei? Is there a local spot to buy gear (hakama, etc)?

Thanks!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

nemo wrote:
longwatch wrote:
We should think of a way to ID ourselves since it is going to be a big OCDO crowd.

I started to say "huh?" we will all be OC, won't we? But then I realized that you meant how to ID those on this thread among all those who will be OC.

Well, I could wear my nemo cap (no fair guessing from where it came) , though I was going to be half dressed up, so the cap would not really fit in.

Keep in mind that this is a VCDL lobby day, my aim was to distinguish us from other pro gunners.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

A particular color of the "guns save lives" button? I know orange is most prevalent, but I've seen others.

We could have the same message, but the OCDO folks a different color? There's time to have some made.

Kendo_Bunny

imported post

nemo wrote:
Hey, Kendo Bunny,

I just noticed your name. I assume that you are a student of the sword (or maybe you are a fan of Usagi Yojimbo). Is there a dojo in the Haymarket area? What is the pedigree of your sensei? Is there a local spot to buy gear (hakama, etc)?

Thanks!

Actually, none of the above. It's based on a picture my big brother drew for me when I was in the 6th grade. I would love to learn kendo, but the nearest dojo is over an hour away.