• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Last night's debate

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I know that we assume democrats are against guns, but why wasn't the gun control argument brought up? Isn't this a national issue that needs attention brought to it? What is Joe Biden's position on it?I admit I'm a registered republican, but IfBidenhad a pro gun attitude and was running against Giulliani I'd vote for him. He was the only one there last night that seemed to have a direct response to any question thrown at him.

edit: Forget I said that...

http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Joe_Biden_Gun_Control.htm

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
I know that we assume democrats are against guns, but why wasn't the gun control argument brought up? Isn't this a national issue that needs attention brought to it? What is Joe Biden's position on it?I admit I'm a registered republican, but IfBidenhad a pro gun attitude and was running against Giulliani I'd vote for him. He was the only one there last night that seemed to have a direct response to any question thrown at him.
Joe Biden is my Senator and, while he has some good ideas and intentions, his mouth usually gets in the way of diplomatic responses which, while that isn't necesarily a bad thing for local politicians, it might be for a President.

Like, the one time reporters questioned his religion he said (paraphrased), "The next reporter that doubts my religion will get my rosary beads shoved down their throat."

And he'd made a HUGE gaff with this newsworthy blurb: "In thanking a young Indian-American man for the support of his Indian-American group, Sen. Biden touts how Indians are the fastest growing immigrant group in Delaware and says, "You CANNOT go into a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts without an Indian accent."

That being said, DO NOT VOTE FOR JOE BIDEN.

If you hadn't heard about the YouTube debate, a guy asked if he and his 'baby' would be safe with him as president. The guy's 'baby' was something along the lines of an AR-15... Biden responded, "If that's your baby, you need your head examined." (http://youtube.com/watch?v=E9aIb-IplqY)

Lastly, his new Anti-Crime bill reinstates the Clinton Gun Ban: "The Biden Crime Bill provides for a straight-forward reauthorization of the assault weapons ban that became law in 1994." (http://biden.senate.gov/newsroom/details.cfm?id=286107&)

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I understand. My hypothetical scenario would pit Biden against Giulliani. I would much rather back the one that says what he thinks instead of the one that panders to the crowds while veiling his hidden agendas. Face it, either way we would end up with an anti in office. I'd rather vote for one with morals.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
I understand. My hypothetical scenario would pit Biden against Giulliani. I would much rather back the one that says what he thinks instead of the one that panders to the crowds while veiling his hidden agendas. Face it, either way we would end up with an anti in office. I'd rather vote for one with morals.

I see where you're coming from, and I also had the distinct honor of living in New York City (Astoria, Queens) while Rudy was in office and that man did a great deal to clean up NYC -- I was actually able to see it. Granted, a lot of the issues were specific to New York, but if he could do similar work on a larger scale, that would be interesting to see.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I was able to see the effects of the Giulliani reign as well (although I lived on Long Island). He was a good mayor, but can he be ourCIC? He does not hold the same valuesasthe US constitution (which he willfully tried to subdue through unconstitutional city ordinances), and that scares the hell out of me. It is getting closer to a time when we will have to take a more proactivestance to ensure our rights, as ascribed by our country's founding fathers, do not become a piece of history. Once we lose our rights to the left, we'll never regain them. History is written by the victors.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
I was able to see the effects of the Giulliani reign as well (although I lived on Long Island). He was a good mayor, but can he be ourCIC? He does not hold the same values that the US constitution (which he willfully tried to subdue through unconstitutional city ordinances), and that scares the hell out of me. It is getting closer to a time when he will have to take a more proactive stance to ensure our rights, as ascribed by our countries founding fathers, do not become a piece of history. Once we lose our rights to the left, we'll never regain them. History is written by the victors.

I worked on Longisland -- Garden City Park. :) I'm personally hoping that Ron Paul will making a flourishing finish, outside of that, I'm torn myself.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I worked in Valley Stream. NY was a funny place. If my landlords would have ever seen my guns, they had every right to call the police (not exactly registered in NY ;)) and have me thrown in jail and my familywould be evicted. Strange place, the People's Republic of NY.

Either way, I'm stocking up on ammo and firearms before the elections. Who knows what is coming down the pike?

imported post

I really don't understand why anyone who is even remotely informed feels a need for any debates whatsoever. If you don't know the truth by now, let me condense it.

The form of government is (supposed to be) a constitutional republic.

There is only one person campaigning who agrees with that concept and would actually work to restore it. His name is Ron Paul.

Why waste time with any debates? Let's just have the (rigged) elections and proceed with what history teaches will follow.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Obviously the only logical choice for president is Clinton/Obama on the same ticket.

Hillary is so awesome, I love all of her Ideas, very strong woman, and Obama, I just cannot say enough good things about this man, great ideas and I would love for either one, or both of these people to run our country.

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
That is a grim future you foresee, mon ami.
Sorry the future isn't going to be the "life is great, everything is fine" scenario. It is that very reason most posters here and elsewhere really don't want to face reality: it's not going to be pleasant and will require genuine courage and principle. Most don't have what it's going to take. They might SAY they do, but I just can't wait.

TrueBrit

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
I really don't understand why anyone who is even remotely informed feels a need for any debates whatsoever. If you don't know the truth by now, let me condense it.

The form of government is (supposed to be) a constitutional republic.

There is only one person campaigning who agrees with that concept and would actually work to restore it. His name is Ron Paul.

Why waste time with any debates? Let's just have the (rigged) elections and proceed with what history teaches will follow.

Says it all, really, great post, mon vieux!

TrueBrit.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Biden is an unashamed gun-grabber.

The only advantage for our cause to electing a Republican regardless of who it is is that all the leading dems have proven to be gun-grabbers. Any Republican running knows, if they take away people's guns they will be a one term president. I'm not even worried about Rudy taking or limiting guns until a second term. In a second term he would scare the heck out of me on the 2nd Amendment.

MetalChris

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
The only advantage for our cause to electing a Republican regardless of who it is is that all the leading dems have proven to be gun-grabbers.
That and the Republicans will (hopefully) appoint more conservative supreme court justices...