• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Requires a License to Disarm Blacks!

TrueBrit

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Sigh... get the padlock ready, LW.

:?

No worries,Imp, I do not see any padlocks anytime soon.

Simply because, and no disrespect is intended here to our comrade Malum, but I suspect that he may be preaching largely to the converted!

I would bet that the majority of the folks who post here are pretty well aware of the racist origins of gun control, Jim Crow, Black Codes etc,but Malum does no harm, I believe, in underlining these facts.He merelyreminds us that gun control is really all about people control,irrespective of their pigmentation,race or pedigrees!

Just my 2 cents worth,

TrueBrit.

imperialism2024

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

Simply because, and no disrespect is intended here to our comrade Malum, but I suspect that he may be preaching largely to the converted!

I would bet that the majority of the folks who post here are pretty well aware of the racist origins of gun control, Jim Crow, Black Codes etc,but Malum does no harm, I believe, in underlining these facts.He merelyreminds us that gun control is really all about people control,irrespective of their pigmentation,race or pedigrees!

Just my 2 cents worth,

TrueBrit.
Oh, I agree that its a good thread. I especially love the irony where minority-rights leaders are so in favor of gun control... when those very laws were created to keep their representative groups submissive to the majority.

Regardless, though, my padlock comment was in reference to certain members of this forum who insist on arguing about racism to a ridiculous extent and don't know when to stop. See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum60/5964.html

TrueBrit

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

Just my 2 cents worth,

TrueBrit.
Oh, I agree that its a good thread. I especially love the irony where minority-rights leaders are so in favor of gun control... when those very laws were created to keep their representative groups submissive to the majority.

Regardless, though, my padlock comment was in reference to certain members of this forum who insist on arguing about racism to a ridiculous extent and don't know when to stop. See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum60/5964.html

Yeah, having just read all ofthe thread you quoted, I do see your point! Some of those old boys are REALLY throwing their teddy bears out of their strollers, no?;)

TrueBrit.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:

Just my 2 cents worth,

TrueBrit.
Well said TruBrit. And it is good to post such things on occasion for those few who are not aware of the history of such laws and as a reminder for those of us who are.

It reminds us that an armed populace are citizens. Unarmed populations are subjects or slaves. It also reminds us of the reasons that the UN and EU are so motivated to see the US citizenry unarmed. As long as we maintain our 2nd Amendment rights, we remain powerful in innumerable ways. As long as we are armed the UN is not going to be sending in peace keepers to a riot in LA or a hurricane in N'Orleans. No nation is going to be able to violently over throw our government, although it may become necessary for the citizens to reinstate a constitutional government one day. The racial beginnings of gun control are a very real reminder that we retain our freedoms as long as we retain our ability to fight back against evil and tyranny.