Thread: Can I open carry rifle/shotgun in Kentucky?

Post imported post

Greetings from the People's Republic of Illinois where all Gun-Owners are treated like dirt and Gangters like Kings! I know much about Illinois gun laws and I am disgusted with the way my Government treats people like me, they have not even signed the budget in this Hell-Hole! Anyway let me get to the point, Can I open carry my Bushmaster M4A3 in Kentucky? I know I can get away with a handgun, but can I Open Carry with a rifle or shotgun? I don't carry about the damn soccer moms by the way, I'd love to Open Carry while outside Illinois.

Post imported post

I hope your kidding. I am from KY and I have to say that if you plan on carrying your BM or shottie then it's better if you stay home.

The idea of OC is for self defense not to scare everyone around you. There is no reason to carry such a weapon and if you do you will have troubles here.

If you want to OC then holster up your sidearm and leave the shottie at home.

Post imported post

BIG E wrote:
    I hope your kidding. I am from KY and I have to say that if you plan on carrying your BM or shottie then it's better if you stay home.

The idea of OC is for self defense not to scare everyone around you. There is no reason to carry such a weapon and if you do you will have troubles here.

If you want to OC then holster up your sidearm and leave the shottie at home.

I agree completely with Big E, such open carry would cause you much grief!

Holstered handgun, fine, but it would not be a good idea to OC such a rifle, IMHO.

The only time that I have seen and practised OC of a long gun in KY was at Court Days in Mount Sterling, where, among other things, firearms are traded, bought and sold. Hard to justify otherwise, I believe.

BTW, welcome to OCDO, gentlemen!

TrueBrit.

Post imported post

Well if it's gonna cause trouble, I'll just Open Carry my Taurus 669 .357

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

We don't track OC of long guns in our OCDO database, in part because (1) states generally are less restrictive on long gun carry as compared to handgun carry, and (2) b/c log guns are less suitable for daily carry due to muzzle control and trigger guard issues, particulalry in 3 dimensional urban settings.