• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

THIS is my last post

wilkie

imported post

I have been reading post now for several months. You guys can say whatever you want as far as defending your rights;however all I can see you doing is pointing out how wrong everyone else is. ALL of us on this site are on the same side-ALL we do is bicker back and forth about the same stuff!!!! We are not helping the general public by doing this if anything we helping them. When they see us arguing amongst ourselves they say even they cant agree so we must be right.How can we change or educate them when we dont agree.DONT be foolish enough to think people dont monitor this site because I know for fact they do!!All the arguing can only be taken as hostile and does the public person want a hostile person caaying a loaded weapon-NO you are helping them win the fight

BenjaminHare

imported post

I've found that bickering back and forth is the nature of any Internet forum. Luckily this site has a good group of moderators; they ride the line between disruption and facilitation very well. I'm terribly sorry to hear that your voice will no longer be heard on this site. I see from your post history that you have raised some very valuable points.

LEO 229

imported post

We do argue rather often here. :?

I have no personal desire to do this but I find a great deal of what I post to be picked apart. There are even members that want to start problems for their own personal reasons and blow things way out of proportion.

I amviewed by many as the enemy and treated as such. These are the same people that think the LEO should treat armed people like any other member of society. Practice what you preach. ;)

This forum is monitored by the anti groups. I can guarantee it. When a member spits in the face of reasoning... it is viewed as thementality of the entire group.

I have had many other members contact me at tell me they are dumping this board for the same reasons as wikie. :cry:

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

It is a good thing we gather in this online forum. After all, if we were to gather at the local library or Holiday Inn, the sweet smell of smokeless powder would hang heavy in the air and blood would be running into the street!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
We do argue rather often here. :?

I have no personal desire to do this but I find a great deal of what I post to be picked apart. There are even members that want to start problems for their own personal reasons and blow things way out of proportion.

I am the viewed by many as the enemy and treated as such. These are the same people that think the LEO should treat armed people like any other member of society. Practice what you preach. ;)

This forum is monitored by the anti groups. I can guarantee it. When a member spits in the face of reasoning... it is viewed as thementality of the entire group.

I have had many other members contact me at tell me they are dumping this board for the same reasons as wikie. :cry:
Showing patience, courtesy and consideration for the other person costs no one anything; however, lack of consideration, cheap shots and personal attacks are a blight on what should be a positive experience. It is a lot like the old saw - "airing your dirty laundry in public."

I've said it before so I'll say it again, "Either we pull together or we pull apart." :exclaim:

Yata hey

LEO 229

imported post

lockman wrote:
It is a good thing we gather in this online forum. After all, if we were to gather at the local library or Holiday Inn, the sweet smell of smokeless powder would hang heavy in the air and blood would be running into the street!
I would have been shot long ago... :cool:

But honestly.... I have been to a few gatherings.. We disagree on things but there is no flaming. Each person was treated with absolute respect. We honored each others opinion and could see from the persons expressions if they were joking or very serious.

On here... you have people that do not take anything into consideration. They turn on the flames because they know nothing will happen to them and you cannot touch them. They get a little brave on the Internet. This is extremely common.

I guess that since everyone is armed when meeting in person.. you do not go out of your way to flame someone for fear they will throw some lead your way.

wilkie

imported post

LEO you are one hundred percent correct.Its like driving in your car when someone cuts you off you flip them the finger. No fear of whats going to happen cause your in your car and no one can touch you. It appears the internet is the same way. I hope LEO will continue to be the voice of reason even I quit.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Hate to lose ya, I hope you change your mind. The forum is what we make of it, when it started everyone mostly knew each other and we acted accordingly. I'm hoping people will start to realize that they may meet the person they are flaming someday and not fall into the GIDT.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Hate to lose ya, I hope you change your mind. The forum is what we make of it, when it started everyone mostly knew each other and we acted accordingly. I'm hoping people will start to realize that they may meet the person they are flaming someday and not fall into the GIDT.
What is GIDT? I think too much of what is said here is taken personally, and that what one person may say relfects a disagreement with the other persons opinion, or stance on a view they may have that is not shared.

I think we are all proponents of 2A rights, and I don't think there is much disagreement on that...

I think a lot of disagreement comes into play when we discuss certain scenarios, or other topics that don't necessarily pertain to open carry, or even a mode of carry, or gun rights at all.

Overall, I think we are all FOR less restrictions on firearms and ownership. If people become a bit passionate on the issues inbetween thats good. When it crosses the line into personal attacks (not disagreements in opinion) thats wrong.

sjhipple

imported post

As one of the biggest culprits in picking fights, I have to say I agree. Bickering gets us nowhere...but it's true that internet forums by nature usually involve alotta bickering.

I also agree that confrontation is a counter-productive style. While I will stand firm when approached by a LEO, I will be polite as I've always been. And while I support Dan's right to go up to LEO's to get status reports and such, I'm beginning to agree with those that say it's counterproductive to the movement as a whole.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Wilkie,
Stay if you will and contribute. I concur that some other sites are perhaps more polite but you will also have to admit that, at least to date, few others have had so much influence and impact. If we can but harness the energy expended here, we will prevail.

At least on this thread, we are beginning to actually sound like brothers!

Yata hey

Attachments

• bigthink.gif
    bigthink.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 562

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

I amviewed by many as the enemy and treated as such. These are the same people that think the LEO should treat armed people like any other member of society. Practice what you preach. ;)
I also think you get personal attacks made upon you. But the moderators usually let that go, for some reason....

LEO 229 wrote:

I don't really know if that's true. But if it is, it's really bad. Some of the attitudes about shooting people and what some folks say they:

a) have done, or

b) will do

in certain situation is quite out there sometimes. People say the darndest bubba things...

Sometimes, I suspect, it's just talk. Sometimes, it's for real. Scary. :uhoh:For example the abominable knee-jerkcop-bashingcomments from some in thread on the Philly cop who got shot in the head and waskilled instantly in the Dunkin' Donuts were not OCDO's best shining moment.

The more that reasoned voices that can be heard to balance the bubbas, the better it isfor the reputation of pro-2Aers and daily gun carriers such as myself. Especially, as you say, the anti groups (and LE?) are scanning the forum.

And bad behavior on the part of some less-than-disiplined OCers, as well as the gushingonline praise here for such, don't really reflectfavorably on OCDO or the gun-owning/carrying communities. It feels good,I'm sure. And it is politically correct. But it looks really silly to outsiders. In the long run, it will produce negative results.

Lew

imported post

OCDO has some of the most polite and respectful people I've encountered on the internet. It also has the most hyper-sensitive. I get a laugh when people get so offended. You can argue with someone and not take it personally. I tend not to take anything on the internet seriously.

Further, I think ya'll make the gravity of our appearance to anti spies out to be more than it is. If antis are cruising this site, why are they doing it? I imagine for kicks, mostly, and maybe to keep up on actions being taken. You think little squabbles on a forum really matter? What we're doing on the streets and in the courts matter. This is the internetz...

LEO 229

imported post

Lew wrote:
OCDO has some of the most polite and respectful people I've encountered on the internet. It also has the most hyper-sensitive. I get a laugh when people get so offended. You can argue with someone and not take it personally. I tend not to take anything on the internet seriously.

Further, I think ya'll make the gravity of our appearance to anti spies out to be more than it is. If antis are cruising this site, why are they doing it? I imagine for kicks, mostly, and maybe to keep up on actions being taken. You think little squabbles on a forum really matter? What we're doing on the streets and in the courts matter. This is the internetz...
I suspect they are doing it just like the pro gunners are going to the MMM meetings and video taping them.

Both sides want to know what the other is talking about.

USMC91E6

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Well, I never knew you were here so I guess I won't miss ya.
Don't think that way becausetheir are alot of poeple that we never knew but, if the miss, we would be missed by our family. (SNIPERSand other MARINES that had our backs since 1775. happy 232rdbithday)OIF 05-06

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

I suspect they are doing it just like the pro gunners are going to the MMM meetings and video taping them.

You mean they're barging in here and scooping up all the secret OCforum information????

Well, I never! :cuss:

If the antis/MMMers/Bradyites are here I wish they'd jump into the conversation once in a while. I think it would be very interesting to have a debate/argument/discussion/conversation about some issues that concern us mutually. It would be good.

Of course, if the antis/MMMers register and post then we can track their accesses to this site and the linked sites, like vaguninfo.com. Nakedshoplifter could then post his referral log info and we could all do with it....well, you know, find out where they live and stuff. :uhoh: