Thread: Staggering

State Researcher

Post imported post

Wondering who here staggers their ammunition, and what it is they are staggering, and why?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    Wondering who here staggers their ammunition, and what it is they are staggering, and why?

Oh! Staggering ammunition! I get it now.

I thought this was going to be a thread about drinking and guns.

If you mean alternate types of bullets or cartridges in the magazine, I have. When I had an autoI kept two Glaser safety slugs on top. One in the chamber and the second, next in line. I figured my greatest likelihood wasa situation where I wouldn't be shooting through barriers initially. (I later learned that Glasers will break up quick when they hit thebad guy'sgun-holding extended forearm, thus not penetrating to vitals.)

When I get a shotgun for home defense, I'll probably have twobuckshot shells firstin line, then alternate slug and buckshot.

Currently I carryall Corbon DPX (all-copper hollow-point Barnes bullets).According to two ballistics test reports not published by the factory, the .38 Spl +P has good penetration and reliable expansion. So, no staggering. If I can find a premium defensive load with reliable 110 gr hollow-points in .357 mag., I may leave a couple +P's first in line, and load the rest in the .357 mag.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Buckshot birdshot buckshot birdshot etc. Ima getcha with something when I wake up all groggyfrom my ankle biters barking!

Post imported post

In my XD 45 I carry a Ranger SXT in the pipe and as the first rnd in the mag. The rest of the mag is staggered between the SXT and Corbon DPX.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

In my 1911's I carry 1 HP in the Pipe and the first round of each mag is FMJ so that there is no chance for a misfeed. The rest are Gold Dot JHP.

State Researcher

Post imported post

000 buckshot followed by a deer slug. Repeat. Don't come in my house uninvited. You WILL NOT leave.

Post imported post

In My G20, 135gn Nosler JHP, 175gn JHP,135, 175,135 & so on & so forth

12 guage has 00 buck. the BG is goin home in a BB

Post imported post

Not something I currently practice. However there are slugs in the buttcuff carrier of my HD shotgun, and 00 tactical inside it.

Experimented some with doing this sort of thing in my carry/house handguns, but it just ratchets up the confusion level for me. Hollowpoints of some kind or other all the way these days.

Post imported post

Every 5th round is a tracer.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Best to KISS. Practice with your carry ammo and carry only that same ammo. Once type of ammo = one POI.

Post imported post

Every 5th round is a tracer. The last 3 rounds of the mag are also tracers so you know when the mag is running out. When the fecal matter hits the rotary device it does come in handy.

Post imported post

thnycav wrote:
    Every 5th round is a tracer. The last 3 rounds of the mag are also tracers so you know when the mag is running out. When the fecal matter hits the rotary device it does come in handy.
    That's a tough way to carry a revolver ....
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."