• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Treasure Valley Members, I need your help

MarKing

imported post

I need to take a Basic Safety Course in order to apply for my Idaho CCW.

Any suggestions on who or where?

As stated in the title, I'm in the Treasure Valley (Nampa). I'd like to stay local.

Thanks.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

Time served in the military or even passing a hunters education course will work to get you a ccw. Do you already have either of those?

Don't forget that Idaho honors ALL other state's ccw license so you may want to get an out of state one that will work in more than just Idaho.

I got mine in Washington. No classes required, less than 30 days turn-around and it's good in WA, ID and MT.

LoveMyCountry

MarKing

imported post

Non military and have not done hunter's safety. I'm not a hunter, which is why I'd prefer a basic safety class over a hunter's class.

I have Utah's, but I need Idaho's to get Oregon's.

I've already corresponded with the Sheriff and have confirmation that once I get Idaho's, he will approve my Oregon CCW application as work takes me through there all the time.

Tyoung

imported post

Look up RK gunsmith in Nampa. His name is Robert and his number is 461-3075. Classesare the first Saturday of the month and are I think $50. Good guy to deal with.

Domandred

imported post

Call canyon county sheriff and see if the Ada County Sheriff's course is applicatable. I believe it is as Idaho does not require live fire for permit.

The Ada County course is a free of charge 2 or 3 hour lecture class held the first Tuesday of every month I think it was. Call 577-3112 (The weapons permit desk) for scheduling and such. The lady (can't remember her name off hand) that usually works the desk is very friendly and supportive so should be able to help you out there as well.

Remember that concealed carry permits in Idaho are also needed for various things that don't go bang but you keep concealed so it's good to have anyways.

That will save you some money....then take a real life fire safety course at your leisure.

Blackfox

imported post

i just signed up for the CCW class from ada county, its wednesday the 13 of feburary so its like the 2nd wed of the month this time, free

indianaboy is gonna tag along with me if he can get the time off

Zed

imported post

Tyoung wrote:
Look up RK gunsmith in Nampa. His name is Robert and his number is 461-3075. Classesare the first Saturday of the month and are I think $50. Good guy to deal with.
+1 For RK, Good Place to deal with, And unlike most other places Rk has Dry & Live Fire Drills as part of the course.
(Take at least 50 rounds of ammo)

FYI: Memorize the Location of the George W Nourse Range before you go if you havn't been there, Ron's directions will send you to who knows where...
(I Know that from Experience)

Tried to post a Google Maps Link to where it is, But I can't post a shortened Insert Text Type Link for some reason, seems their is a bug preventing linking to url's without a file or domain extension....

Neural_OverRide

imported post

I was actually going to suggest the sheriffs class as it is free and only class room required. A few of the girls in my office took it there and it was all they needed to complete the process.