• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Salt Lake Tribune coverage of our Open Carry Luncheon!!! Heres the article!!

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Great publicity...way to go Utah! Now, if you will just start carrying in banks....:D

Clark

imported post

Way to go! This is a great article and thread. :D

Clark -Carryconcealed.net

utahxd9

imported post

dngreer wrote:
Great publicity...way to go Utah! Now, if you will just start carrying in banks....:D
I actually did that same day lol. Got a funny look from the teller then realized it was because she grew up in the house right behind my parents' place.

b1ack5mith

imported post

ive always left my gun in the car when going into banks, in fear that they have a "panic" button lmao! but from now on ill carry into the banks! (grr, got work tomarrow :/)

BY THE WAY... kevin, did i tell you i had to dig a 5' deep hole, about 8' long and 3' wide...? well come to find out, there was no drainage pipe there :D its a couple feet to the side of the hole... 18" deep... (boss said it was 5', so dont call me dumb guys... well not for thissituation anyways hahaha)

garyl43

imported post

I think most people that see someone OC probably assumethey are in some capacityLE (including the bad guys) which is a good thing.

The thing I worry about with getting the message out that it's legal to OC without a permitis when the anti-guncrowd realize that same thing:what:and start trying to getlaws passedto end it :cuss:.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I've had a person talk to me about the Article. It's was Sunday @ Costco by Valley Fair. A Gentleman approched me and said -"Did you read the Article today?" And I said -"Better than that...I was there:celebrate". I told him about OCDO and we talked about this and that. He said that he does have a "Permit".

I have OCed in Banks too:celebrate. America First, Chase and Wells Fargo:p.

CARRY ON.

P.S You can Carry @ the Bar...have a Beer...and drive home:celebrate. As long as you are "under the limit" 0.08. Read Title 76-10-528 and will refer you around. WE LOVE UTAH D.S

Axctal

imported post

You can Carry @ the Bar...have a Beer...and drive home:celebrate. As long as you are "under the limit" 0.08. Read Title 76-10-528 and will refer you around.

Watch out: if you have minor/underage in your car, the limit is halved (0.04)

So if you stopped/measured and you under 0.08 but above 0.04 and have minor, you sudenly get DUI + Posession Under Influence