• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Va.

chesire17201

imported post

Hey all, Coming down for a visit from Pa. I just want to double check myself. So if I am wrong on this let me know.

1. No CONCEALED carry if a rest has ABC license, but OPEN carry is fine.

Does this pertain to walking in and getting a take out order as well? Say going to applebee's and going inside and picking up your order then leaving, or is it only if you are actually staying in the rest. to eat?

2. Concealed in ABC store is ok.

I'll be heading to Culpeper to visit family and hunt over thanksgiving, and don't want to run afoul if we go out, since here in Pa. you can carry concealed in a bar if you want and just want to make sure I read the laws right.

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

chesire17201 wrote:
Hey all, Coming down for a visit from Pa. I just want to double check myself. So if I am wrong on this let me know.

1. No CONCEALED carry if a rest has ABC license, but OPEN carry is fine.

Does this pertain to walking in and getting a take out order as well? Say going to applebee's and going inside and picking up your order then leaving, or is it only if you are actually staying in the rest. to eat?

2. Concealed in ABC store is ok.

I'll be heading to Culpeper to visit family and hunt over thanksgiving, and don't want to run afoul if we go out, since here in Pa. you can carry concealed in a bar if you want and just want to make sure I read the laws right.
You will need to open carry in #1. If you go somewhere where they sell alcohol, but it is not allowed to be consumed there (7-11, or a liquor store [ABC store]), then concealed is fine.

Hope you enjoy your trip down here.:cool:

USMC91E6

imported post

Good morning, When you come to VA, you can carry in a place that serves alcohol while open carring and it does not make a difference if your dining in or for take out. As you can see, I in NC but I'm from VA so I'm on the state sites everyday because I travel to VA every other weekend. but to be sure just check the VA state police website and all the laws are there. I OC and CC in VA and NC and have not had any problems from checking out the state sites. Good hunting.

chesire17201

imported post

Thanks, and I always enjoy my trips down, it's a regular thing for me to hunt the first week w/ the family, I lived in culpeper for 14 yrs. before coming to Pa. but only satrted carrying in the past year, so never gave any thought to the laws on it before. Like I said, just wanted to double check.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

Also remember that WV and PA now have reciprocity, so you can now stop and rearm as soon as you cross from the PRMD into WV and carry concealed during the WV portion of your trip. Have a safe trip!

chesire17201

imported post

WVCDL wrote:
Also remember that WV and PA now have reciprocity, so you can now stop and rearm as soon as you cross from the PRMD into WV and carry concealed during the WV portion of your trip. Have a safe trip!
yup....I do....