• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie curious about lack of posts here...

ree

imported post

Johnny, your not alone. DrKarrow raised a lotof good points. Plus there are a couple good, active local forums that seem to carry most MN-specific discussion.

Jared

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
'Civilian' is cop talk trying to separate themselves from us. Either we are equal or we are not.

The Police using "civilian" to refer to others is an oxymoron. The only people who are not civilians are the military. Police Officers in every flavor (officers, troopers, sheriff deputies) are CIVILIAN authorities.

They're civilians themselves, despite their incorrect use of the lexicon.

This is true, civlians is a term that incompasses LEOs. Most Federal LEO's are under what is called 6c or 12d retirement.... and it is classified by OPM as "Civilian Federal Law Enforcement Retirement."

I hate when LEO's refer to people as civilians. The military do not act as LEO's unless it's Marshal Law. Other than Marshal Law, it's unconstitutional for the "police" or "LEO's"to not be "civilians."

montigunman

imported post

bohdi wrote:
I grew up in Monticello, living in VA now. I never saw anyone but cops/detectives carry openly. Most probably don't realize it's legal, most probably don't bother or have a reason to, or at least think that way. I remember not even locking our house growing up. I doubt my mom does to this day. Guess it just takes time. I'd like to be able to OC when I come out there, need to read up on the laws.
to open carry anywhere in minnesota you will need a permit to carry. Since you where from monti you can contact the wright county sheriff's office or for that matter any sheriff's office since you are now a non resident. You can also get the forms from the minnesota bca website. You would need to take a class to meet the requirements of the statue (624.714 Subd 2a). classes that meet this requirement that are in the monti area are offered by Cabela's in Rogers, Gander Mountain at St. Cloud, There is also one that is held at the monticello rod and gun club.